diy solar

diy solar

Purchasing with Bitcoin?

At one point, I was offering to do projects ( it was not solar related ) and split if up as parts and labor.

The parts I had to purchase with US$, so I wasn't in a position to take the risk on the "parts side".

The labor aspect, I offered to people to 50% cash, 50% bitcoin, or 100% cash.

For me, it is easier to accept getting paid for labor this way vs parts, as the most I would loose in a value fluctuation is some of my labor.

For solar components, the margins are so thin already that it would be tough for anyone to offer this unless they charged a significant premium for accepting another currency.

Back when BTC was < $100 and there was more upside than downside risk it might have made more sense.

I kind of want to make a Bitcoin YouTube channel. I think I can make the network easier to understand. So much ignorance out there. If people knew the utility, they would go crazy for it
Yes, I get screamed at a lot talking about the merits of Bitcoin. I talked about the nature of solar in homes like mine and how it’s a form of decentralization. I think decentralized energy production storage and use is the future.

No centralized coal plant, energy company line authority, etc needed. I compared all this to the decentralization of the bitcoin network.

You would have thought I punched a baby. I was boo’d off the stage by people I genuinely thought would appreciate the concept. I’m shocked how many don’t understand Bitcoin still. Even technical people!

In 2020, our team was actively planning to build an innovative solar system to run miners and mine bitcoins. However, our process was interrupted by the challenges posed by the new global crown pandemic. Nonetheless, our vision remains unchanged, convinced that the convergence of renewable energy and blockchain technology will open up new possibilities for the future. :love: :love: :love:

Back