diy solar

diy solar

Pytes Battery and Solark 15k. Battery charge settings locked.

Jwood

Just installed SolArk 15k and 12 pytes batteries. All is good except when trying to change the charge voltage settings. The integration guide for the pytes batteries says the Float voltage should be 55.6v and the settings for absorb and equalize (yes I know eq is not used) should be 56 volts. The SolArk (or the batteries) is locking the voltage for all three at 56.8. It won't change. What's interesting is that the battery information on the communication screen, (press the gear then LI-batt info on the SolArk) the SolArk shows on the battery info page that the charge voltage for the batteries is actually 56.8, even though it conflicts with the integration guide.

All the software is up to date, just wondering if anyone else has run into this, or been able to confirm which voltages are actually correct (integration guide, or what the locked voltage is). Also why it's locked at 56.8V

Thanks!

If you are using BMS communications, you can't set the charge parameters. The BMS is in control of charging.

Just a follow up for anyone installing Pytes batteries on a SolArk. I talked to one of the techs and he told me the pytes batteries automatically populate the voltage settings to 56.8 for all three settings (float, absorb., and equalize). You still need to manually enter the following voltages: float 55.6, absorb and equalize at 56 per the integration guide so there is a programmed setting to fall back on in case for some reason the communications with the BMS fails.

I installed a small system with a MPP LVX6048wp inverter with one Pytes E-Box 48100R and connected with 8 bifacial 550v solar panels. It start working good a few days and then it was not charging the battery. Instructions indicates is on "Protection State", I read the manual from Pytes and indicates that for unlock or release Turn oof the battery disconnect cable and put them back again. Nothing happened , but the battery is charged. I used my meter to check voltage. So the inverter was working with solar and the grid. During strong rains in my country I decided to make a small test with the inverter to check if without the battery, when I turn off the grid the inverter works only with PV panels. When turned off , there was no power at home with the PV panels. Turned everything off again and connect the grid and Lights on. But still is not recognizing the battery and with the PV breaker on, no power coming from panels. I checked voltalge from PV and is perfect.
A few hours before today only using the power from the grid with the inverter 2 times the inverter turned off and came back again. Need help.
Appreciate your comments Thanks

Just a follow up for anyone installing Pytes batteries on a SolArk. I talked to one of the techs and he told me the pytes batteries automatically populate the voltage settings to 56.8 for all three settings (float, absorb., and equalize). You still need to manually enter the following voltages: float 55.6, absorb and equalize at 56 per the integration guide so there is a programmed setting to fall back on in case for some reason the communications with the BMS fails.
I have tried several times to create this situation without success. If anyone else has had this work I'd appreciate the details.

I have a Sol Ark 15k with 6 Ebox 48100r batteries. I enter the values as listed above but when you set up the lithium battery settings and the bms connects they all set to 46.8. if you then disconnect your canbus connection they do not revert back to the original entered values. The only thing I have found that changes is the battery status changes from % to voltage.

Anyone else have any different results?

I have tried several times to create this situation without success. If anyone else has had this work I'd appreciate the details.

I have a Sol Ark 15k with 6 Ebox 48100r batteries. I enter the values as listed above but when you set up the lithium battery settings and the bms connects they all set to 46.8. if you then disconnect your canbus connection they do not revert back to the original entered values. The only thing I have found that changes is the battery status changes from % to voltage.

Anyone else have any different results?
Unfortunately I never disconnected the cable to see what/if the figures reverted to. I took the rep's word for it (foolish me). I'll disconnect the cable and see if the figures I entered are still there. I'm not on site currently. It'll be a few days.

I was able to set the battery settings on the screen of my SolArk 12k. The trick I found was after changing the number, move to the next row before clicking the OK box.

Back