diy solar

diy solar

Sanyo HIP-200BA3 mounting hardware

wildbillpdx

Solar Enthusiast
Wondering if anyone might be able to point me to a source for the hardware I need to mount these panels. They have a lip all around the outside where the clamps fit in to hold them down. Can't seem to find them anywhere. Attaching the installation drawing from the manual in hopes someone might have an idea. Standard modern clamps don't fit over the panel edges.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 15-06-10 General Safety Installation - Sanyo HIP-205BA3 General Insta...png
    Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 15-06-10 General Safety Installation - Sanyo HIP-205BA3 General Insta...png
    121 KB · Views: 7
Found a solution to make my own.

From Home Depot-- 1" x 1" x 48" aluminum channel,edge.
From Amazon: Wen 4206 work bench drill press; Diablo 10" D1080N miter saw blade for aluminum

I made 48 clips/hold-downs for my 18 panels and they seem like they will work well. Each is 1 1/2" long, 1" wide, 1" deep with a center hole for the screw, just like the drawing.

:cool:

thanks for sharing the solution! I have a few panels that I purchased from Macs in Eugene (I see you're in Oregon) and was trying to figure out how to mount them!

It was a bit of a pain but they work. Had to fiddle with a couple of miter saw blades to get the right one for cutting the aluminum. I have 20 panels mounted now, with one leftover.

Back