diy solar

diy solar

Schneider 6k xw pro vs. EG4 18k inductive load tests

If I recall (because I've asked) , Will has said he does not have large inductive loads (well pumps, heat pump A/Cs, etc) with which to do such tests.

But I know Schneider low frequency inverters are beasts, where as some people (possibly many / most) add soft starts to such loads with these hi frequency inverters (Sol-Ark, etc)

EG4 has a load test YouTube video, but I think the A/C compressor they started was not actually loaded.

saw this one but was not impressed like the load test videos(David Poz & the one you posted) for XW Pro
I'm not saying the EG4 is not the greatest thing since sliced bread , I'm neither smart enough or qualified enough to know.

But I will be in the market for something like an EG4 or a pair of XW pros in the next 6 months. It sure would be nice to see someone put an EG4 through the riggers of a typical family home an not just a modern DC appliance home.

I'm not saying the EG4 is not the greatest thing since sliced bread , I'm neither smart enough or qualified enough to know.

But I will be in the market for something like an EG4 or a pair of XW pros in the next 6 months. It sure would be nice to see someone put an EG4 through the riggers of a typical family home an not just a modern DC appliance home.
I am running my whole Florida house off it now and it is working well.
Hybrid water tank is great with only 600w of power taken, but it is the dryer that now hurts.
However we have seen 12kw output and it has been fine so far.
More firmware updates are improving the 18k with each release.

I am running my whole Florida house off it now and it is working well.
Hybrid water tank is great with only 600w of power taken, but it is the dryer that now hurts.
However we have seen 12kw output and it has been fine so far.
More firmware updates are improving the 18k with each release.
Nice. One or 2 ac units? With soft start? How much idle power does the unit take up?(still 70w?)

Anyone else have any feedback on this EG4 18K unit? I have a lot of inductive loads and I'd like to get some feedback in case anyone has picked one up.

Anyone else have any feedback on this EG4 18K unit? I have a lot of inductive loads and I'd like to get some feedback in case anyone has picked one up.
The surge ability should be almost as good as the sol-ark 15k

Back