diy solar

diy solar

Signature solar issues. (Resolved!)

JoelTinAZ

I went on signature solars webpage yesterday ready to buy an eg4 12k hybrid mini split. When I added the item to my cart and looked at final pricing with shipping I was quoted a shipping rate of 36ish bucks from FedEx. However once I proceeded to check out that shipping option was no longer available and I was left with 400-600 dollars in shipping options only. IMO this is very deceptive and could be easily fixed by not offering that shipping option on the cart page. Thankfully I noticed the swap at check out before I made the purchase. I contacted sales at signature solar and was told that the FedEx option is known to them to not be available for this item and they would not honor the price listed in the cart essentially. They also refused to match another online competitors price that included free shipping. I would avoid this company given what I again call deceptive business practices for offering one price and not honoring it.

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpeg
    IMG_3370.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3371.jpeg
    IMG_3371.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3377.png
    IMG_3377.png
    298 KB · Views: 27
A quick Google search yields this:

Why anyone would go to Signature is beyond me
View attachment 209453
Not to be mean but those are two different units in your picture, the 12k non hybrid is 1449.00 and the hybrid version is 1299. so its the same price for the item when compared directly to each other. But I bet the shipping rates from that other company are better and would end up being less expensive(my own research so far has come to that conclusion and I have went with another company at this time).

I'm not sure how this is deceptive. Common sense says you verify tax and shipping for any online order.
Those two items vary by location
So you think being quoted one price in your cart and another at check out isn't deceptive. Then what is it? Oh wait its deception pure and simple. I have run multiple websites in my day and it shouldn't take but a few minutes to edit it so that shipping option isn't listed in the cart.

The Google search result indicates FREE shipping by the other company
Yeap and I found a couple others also offering free shipping. I even asked signature solar to match their price but they wouldn't do that either. In the end I went with their competitor and would suggest everyone else avoid this company.

I'll also be filing a complaint with the FTC in hopes they get fined the 50k per violation that is possible. If anyone else has experienced this please go to the ftc's web page and submit a complaint as its 50k per violation and I think this company needs a wake up call in the pocket books.

Yeap and I found a couple others also offering free shipping. I even asked signature solar to match their price but they wouldn't do that either. In the end I went with their competitor and would suggest everyone else avoid this company.

You obviously are new to this board.

This entire sub forum appears sometimes dedicated to resolving complaints about Signature Solar.
Most of the time, their internet CSR @SignatureSolarJess will take care of it.

Last edited:
You obviously are new to this board.

There entire sub forum appears sometimes dedicated to resolving complaints about Signature Solar.
Most of the time, their internet CSR @SignatureSolarJess will take care of it.

Not new, I have been on here for a few years now, I however generally only read through posts in regards to installing devices that I'm installing or working on for another customer. I had seen a number of will's videos on signature solar and felt that they where a good company to go with. Also I sure saw they had a number of issues regarding warranty concerns with ss and yeah I seen them on here correcting those issues so I again thought this was a good company... I know better now for sure.

Last edited:
You weren't quoted anything. It's just a web page. I'm sure if you read the terms and conditions that you will have to agree to it will likely state that.
I'm not a SS supporter and don't buy from them but yet see some who go off the rails about web mistakes. Just move on life is to short especially when you got it from someone else!

You weren't quoted anything. It's just a web page. I'm sure if you read the terms and conditions that you will have to agree to it will likely state that.
I'm not a SS supporter and don't buy from them but yet see some who go off the rails about web mistakes. Just move on life is to short especially when you got it from someone else!
The web page is a direct line to the business and is there representative when they made the page live and online. So in fact their cart page presenting me with shipping options is a quote they provided (they set the shipping options and prices based on the item and its weight etc). I am moving on and suggesting everyone else does so as well. If you don't like what I have to say you can move right along to another post I didn't ask for your opinion when I made this review and have provided all the facts clearly so others can come to their own conclusions.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! This shipping price has been glitching out and we have brought this to our website developer to correct! We are so sorry for the confusion and upset! If anyone has any issues, questions, or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com!!
Can you speak to why the other major supplier for this item is able to offer free ground shipping but you aren’t?

but if they have been informed of this bug and do not take action....
Exactly why I replied to their post here to document that they were aware of this issue before my report was made. They could have avoided all this by honoring the price like any decent company would do.

Exactly why I replied to their post here to document that they were aware of this issue before my report was made. They could have avoided all this by honoring the price like any decent company would do.
I understand your pain, I have found Current Connected to be way more receptive. Even though I tease their CEO mercilessly.

Back