diy solar

diy solar

Signature solar issues. (Resolved!)

Hi again! After examining this matter, it appears there was a mistake made. Our sincere apologies! We do in fact price match the order total of any other company. The associate did price match the item but did not think they were to include shipping in that price match. This has been addressed with the associate and re-iterated to the entire team to ensure it doesn't happen again!

I'll also be filing a complaint with the FTC in hopes they get fined the 50k per violation that is possible.
Never bought anything from Signature Solar but this seems pretty obvious this was just a screw up.

Your posts and email in the screenshots are bizarrely vindictive. You hadn't even placed the order with them and you're trying to file an FTC complaint as though you suffered some kind of financial harm from this. :rolleyes:

Never bought anything from Signature Solar but this seems pretty obvious this was just a screw up.

Your posts and email in the screenshots are bizarrely vindictive. You hadn't even placed the order with them and you're trying to file an FTC complaint as though you suffered some kind of financial harm from this. :rolleyes:
people get tired of playing games after a while.

should I sit in a bar and listen to a lout threaten me until i am drunk enough and pissed off enough to take action? or should i just call the cops right off the bat and take action. same difference.

While I respect what your saying the fact is this is illegal, intentions mean little in this case. Just like if you went into a store and grabbed an item off the shelf but then at the register you notice the price is higher then posted, I'm sure the employee's didn't mean to forget to change the label on the shelf either but again intentions doesn't change the fact that its an illegal business practice that I believe dollar general just deal with recently. If the company doesn't honor that price they would be breaking the law as well. I don't think you would let that stand in person an I didn't intend to over the internet either. I gave the sales people and even their lead sales person a chance to correct this issue in a chain of 6 or so emails. They didn't! I came here to make people aware and to in fact get effective change into their handling of these situations. It seems from the response Jess has made here they have addressed or are trying to address this issue. I hope they will in the mean time make a clear note on the item page expressing the shipping options available to avoid confusion until the webmaster has addressed the issue.

Also having worked in a corporate environment for many years and having dealt with FTC complaints. I know exactly how a single complaint will be handled and go. The FTC will email a contact for signature solar and give them about 30 days from what I remember to respond to the complaint. Signature solar will just admit to the mistake and say they have addressed it, I'll get a copy of the email from the FTC and they will consider the issue resolved. If it goes any further then there would need to be thousands of complaints and real actual damages from people who bought it and paid for the freight shipping already. Or if for some reason they failed to respond to the FTC via email, mail and the other attempts they will attempt to use to make contact before serving any legal action.

I buy things frequently that state final shipping and taxes will be calculated at checkout. No problem.

I don’t understand all the vitriol rhetoric. You didn’t like the final price and chose not to complete the purchase. The shopping cart is not a promise of a final price, it’s just an estimate. You have not been wronged or disrespected.

I buy things frequently that state final shipping and taxes will be calculated at checkout. No problem.

I don’t understand all the vitriol rhetoric. You didn’t like the final price and chose not to complete the purchase. The shopping cart is not a promise of a final price, it’s just an estimate. You have not been wronged or disrespected.
You’re right you don’t understand, time is money. Also it does say estimate but no where does it say that the shipping options presented may no longer be available at check out or anything about final shipping be calculated at checkout as you say so your opinions are all kinda irrelevant. Again came here and got the out come I was looking for but thank you for just getting more eyes on my post.

Well there ya go!

Thanks for making my point.
Who hurt you, an estimate allows for a slight deviation at best not a complete loss of options again I think you seem to lack the understanding or intelligence to catch the idea. Good day!

Accusing them of deceptive business practices is a bit harsh and it appears that you're just angry because you were unable to capitalize on what might have been a system error . The shipping price was at checkout and at that point you can choose to do business or not. Sorry, you've not proven your case.

i think too many of you do not have a dog in the fight and should probably just shut the heck up. a company with shitty customer service toss's a new female customer service rep out and you all lose your shit trying to be a bunch of white nights.

just my thoughts though.

i think too many of you do not have a dog in the fight and should probably just shut the heck up. a company with shitty customer service toss's a new female customer service rep out and you all lose your shit trying to be a bunch of white nights.

just my thoughts though.
I dunno anyone explicitly defending Signature Solar, by all accounts, there's a lot of nightmarish customer service experiences posted here with them, involving stuff like no communication for months at a time on placed orders. That's the kind of stuff I'd be willing to file a complaint on.

I'm sure as hell not buying anything from them based off all the posts here, at least not any time soon.

That said, some customer service person screwing up the shipping quote on a price match, in what appears to be just a genuine mistake, is an absolutely bizarre thing to threaten FTC complaints over, lol.

Maybe I am the one who is an imbalanced person, since my respose to their initial email would have been "I see, I think I will order elsewhere, thanks."

I dunno anyone explicitly defending Signature Solar, by all accounts, there's a lot of nightmarish customer service experiences posted here with them, involving stuff like no communication for months at a time on placed orders. That's the kind of stuff I'd be willing to file a complaint on.

I'm sure as hell not buying anything from them based off all the posts here, at least not any time soon.

That said, some customer service person screwing up the shipping quote on a price match, in what appears to be just a genuine mistake, is an absolutely bizarre thing to threaten FTC complaints over, lol.

Maybe I am the one who is an imbalanced person, since my respose to their initial email would have been "I see, I think I will order elsewhere, thanks."
I am not commenting on if the OP is correct or not.... I am commenting on how everybody is starting to pile on...even though they honestly have no dog in the fight. i see this constantly on this forum. half the time i wonder if 90% of the accounts here are not sock puppet accounts the way they all mirror each other.

wow -- this sounds like the same guy that will take an estimate from an automotive shop or contractor and treat is as gospel.

Mistakes happen, and even on top of that sh*t happens too, but original poster's approach, attitude are all just wrong given the situation.

he never bought anything, he was never charged, the only thing lost was all of our time reading his HyperKaren reaction to a simple mistake. I'll give him a point on one thing, the laugh he gave me when he was so fired up about filing an FTC complaint, LOL. I really did chuckle.

Just want to thank all the kids who continue to post and get traction here on my post. It’s been corrected for more then a day now and still they want to bring more attention to my post and continue to bring it to the top of the page. Just amazing, thank you.

I love how you all add your opinions here and how none of them have any logic or intelligent thought in them. Please keep posting it really makes me laugh everytime I come back here at this point.

Accusing them of deceptive business practices is a bit harsh and it appears that you're just angry because you were unable to capitalize on what might have been a system error . The shipping price was at checkout and at that point you can choose to do business or not. Sorry, you've not proven your case.
I wasn’t angry about anything in the end I got a better price then they where offering even if they stuck to the originally quoted price so nothing you’ve said has any bearing or value. Thanks though for bumping this back to the top and giving me some stupid comments to laugh at.

I wasn’t angry about anything in the end I got a better price then they where offering even if they stuck to the originally quoted price so nothing you’ve said has any bearing or value. Thanks though for bumping this back to the top and giving me some stupid comments to laugh at.
I see you just discovered what the concept of shopping around is. Welcome to being a functioning adult.

You went on a tirade about filing a FTC complaint -- it takes a special kind of angry to get to that point, claiming you weren't angry just makes you look childish and unable to accept responsibility for your words.

You posted it about it here thinking everyone would jump on the sympathy train for you, but you got a hard dose of reality: we all think your behavior is a little hilarious, and a lot sad.

Just remember: you are the one who started the thread. The only reason you are saying the comments are stupid is because nobody agrees with you or your behavior.

I see you just discovered what the concept of shopping around is. Welcome to being a functioning adult.

You went on a tirade about filing a FTC complaint -- it takes a special kind of angry to get to that point, claiming you weren't angry just makes you look childish and unable to accept responsibility for your words.

You posted it about it here thinking everyone would jump on the sympathy train for you, but you got a hard dose of reality: we all think your behavior is a little hilarious, and a lot sad.

Just remember: you are the one who started the thread. The only reason you are saying the comments are stupid is because nobody agrees with you or your behavior.
I posted here and got what I needed and wanted. Your words again while your opinion mean nothing at all. Your the only one that seems to not agree and you’ve said enough here for me to really not care about anything you’ve tried to say cause again I got what I needed and you are just not happy about it for what ever reason…

I posted here and got what I needed and wanted. Your words again while your opinion mean nothing at all. Your the only one that seems to not agree and you’ve said enough here for me to really not care about anything you’ve tried to say cause again I got what I needed and you are just not happy about it for what ever reason…

1 - Your vs You're, I'd suggest mastering that before partaking in any electrical project.

2 - I'll recap the entire thread for you, everyone thinks its hilarious (including me). You've provided a fair amount of amusement with your silly ranting and non sensical replies. Have you already forgotten you were the one complaining to begin with?

How did that FTC complaint go for you, just curious?

Back