diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k Not registering any load power or grid power when no PV power.

Oh. I see. Except I have batteries and I think I configured TOU to draw from the batteries. Maybe I've done it wrong. According to Solar-Assistant, there's only been a few hundred mA going into the batteries.

View attachment 213269
Whenever you dont see the SOC or Voltage options in the Time of Use menu it is usually an indicator that you are in Closed Loop Communications (Lithium Batt Mode on the Inverter). We do not have closed-loop communications with the Soho telecom batteries so make sure you remove the communication cable (important) and select either Use battery % charged or use batt V charged on the Sol-Ark. That should help a lot with strange issues.
Also, under TOU, if you don't have Sell selected for the time you want battery, I don't think it uses batteries.
I have all mine set to sell. It will use battery until it gets to the limit. If it goes below the limit, say from multiple cloudy days and trickle loss, it will use solar for battery only until it gets the batteries back up to the minimum, then solar for load first, then batteries after load is satisfied.
The Sell check boxes tell the inverter that it is allowed to sell the battery power to the utility. If 4000W is programmed with the sell check box in a Time Slot, the inverter will constantly push 4000W out from your batteries. In this case when you have 1500W of loads, then only 2500W gets sold to the utility. If you have 6000W of loads nothing gets sold, but the inverter will still cover 4000W of the load while the grid contributes 2000W. You should never have both the Charge and the Sell Check boxes selected in the same time slot.

@hpeyerl DM me your inverter SN and I will take a look on PowerView for you.

Double check the internal CT sensors on the grid input wires going from grid terminal blocks up into the Sol-Ark. I had one unit that showed no load or grid numbers whenever we pulled power from the Grid and it turned out those CTs didn't have the wires going through them.

I'm NOT talking about the external CTs, and the external CTs don't fix this issue either! Internal CTs must have those wires (all factory items I'm referring to here! ) going through them or readings go wonky!

Not way likely that this is the case, but worth checking.

Back