diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant connects to inverter when on cable but not on wifi

Dcuste

SA was working before I upgraded the firmware. Now it fails to connect to the inverter unless I have have SA plugged directly into my router. SA wrote this to try and help me...
"It looks like the Wifi network you are trying to connect Solar Assistant to is perhaps using a different subnet or is a different network the inverter is unable to connect to. You will have to ensure that the inverter is using the same subnet range according to your router settings, perhaps something changed there that we are unable to provide feedback on."

I have a TP-LINK Archer C3200 router and don't see any any settings that would cause the inverter to be on different subnet/network. The only subnet item I see is a mask of 255.255.248.0. This inverter communication was working and nothing changed with the inverter connection.

Can somebody help me figure this out?

When you had Solar Assistant "SA" previously communicating with the inverter, was it doing so over an IP address, or did you have a physical USB to * cable connected to the inverter?

What firmware did you update, the router's, or are you referring to SA updates as firmware updates?

Back