diy solar

diy solar

solar charge battery genorator

Willow1

Hi All....
I posted on here for the first time a few weeks ago regarding building a portable solar power battery genorator...
I've preaty much finished it and just require a few tweaks here and there, stronger gas struts for the lid, aditinal 13A socket to go with the 32A uk waterproof socket...
I've 32a AC input for charging from my Victron charger, this is coupled with the 75a (max) that the Renogy 3000w inverter/charger can charge at...
I've got both on rcd isolators so I can select which charge options I'd prefer.
I've also got a Renogy 40A MPPT Rover with 400w pv all Bluetooth linked.
It's also my intention to add a 400-800w wind turbine and appropriate controller at some time in the future.

Renogy 200a lithium iron phosphate smart batteries capable of charging at 100a each...

I've been using it for a few weeks now (without the support of pv and mppt charging) and just topping it up overnight from AC mains charging, and I couldn't be happier with the way that its performing...

I've 2 5000lm site lights and a pole to be attached to the side of the Trifibre chest...
This will be stored with clamps on the lid, and there is enough room in the chest itself for storing the charge and outpost leads..
I also thought that some stainless steel rails on the outside of the chest to protect the sockets etc would be a worthwhile addition...!? ?

It's my intention to add upto 3 more Renogy 200a batterys in parallel, with the addition of another on of these trifibre chests which perfectly house these rather large super powerful batterys...

First time I've done anything like this, so please be kind with your comments, although I'd welcome any feedback if any of you can see anything obviously wrong.

Ps.... I'm aware that there is no need for a fuse between the shunt and the negative bus bar...
I needed a link between the two and put a fuse in rather than flattening some 15mm copper tube, drilling and heat shrinking it.

I'll post some more detailed photos of this and the lights etc that I've put together, if it's of any interest....!?

Regards
Shaun

Attachments

• 20230108_133552.jpg
    20230108_133552.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 13
Back