diy solar

diy solar

Solax Triple X Self Use Problem

Alabamabrit

I have just fitted the Solax Triple X system with a Solax AC inverter with two 3.2kwh batteries and the BMS. The problem is it reverts to Standby mode during the night, presumably because the solar PV is off, and if I restart it again it discharges into the grid and runs the battery down to 10% and then goes into Idle mode. Getting it back into life again proved impossible, it would not go to forced mode and eventually Solax did it on line and it charged up fully during the day. Solax checked all the inverter settings and conf they were all correct.
This morning it’s on Standby again. Has anyone else had difficulty with the Self Use mode?

My Solax X1 AC 3.6 kW inverter with Master and Slave 5.8kW battery system total 11.6kW.
Self Use Mode since Mid April 2023, changed from Force Time Use when charging batteries and for EV charging using Hypervolt charger, utilises solar aswell on good days, combined with Solax Battery system taking up house load when clouds appear, as I sometimes set manually my Hypervolt EV Charger for solar at 6A (Default) to 10 A on conditions, works very well all monitored via Octopus iOS 16.5 App for Live Data in conjunction with Octopus Home Mini giving Live Data plus Octo-Aid App iOS also reads Live data for import and export.

Are you using CT clamp to monitor Import/Export?

If so where is it connected at in the energy system, near the DNO Meter on Live Grid Tail
16mm before any Henley Blocks for splitting power to various CU or Mini CU.

Check Solax phone App on Settings to See what has been Configured; especially Charge/Discharge settings.IMG_7668.pngIMG_7669.png

I have just fitted the Solax Triple X system with a Solax AC inverter with two 3.2kwh batteries and the BMS. The problem is it reverts to Standby mode during the night, presumably because the solar PV is off, and if I restart it again it discharges into the grid and runs the battery down to 10% and then goes into Idle mode. Getting it back into life again proved impossible, it would not go to forced mode and eventually Solax did it on line and it charged up fully during the day. Solax checked all the inverter settings and conf they were all correct.
This morning it’s on Standby again. Has anyone else had difficulty with the Self Use mode?
Hi There. Seem to have developed a similar problem. My system is about 6 months old an no issues until two days ago. I had the battery set to charge during the night but on Sunday, this didn't kick in and the battery has been stuck in idle since then. I can't change it to force a charge. Had you had any luck or a solution from Solax or your installer?

I have a similar problem that if I stay in self use mode and batteries run down to 10%, system goes into idle and DOESN'T take the overnight charge from the grid. Raising the minimum level e.g. to 20%, 30% etc. DOESN'T fix it. However, staying in Backup mode ALWAYS works, but wastes 20% of the battery, unfortunately. I keep flipping between the modes to try to get the most out of the battery but, if it gets down to 10% before the overnight charge time, it's necessary to 1. Switch the inverter to OFF. 2. Change the mode to Backup. 3. MAKE SURE THAT THE SETTINGS HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED. 4. Wait 5 minutes. 5. Switch the inverter to ON. When the app updates, you should see it doing a slow charge and then it will do the overnight grid charge. Anyone found a way to just stay in self use?

I am getting the same problem of going into idle mode and not responding to modbus commands. Solax support is pretty dire, is there any news?

Back