diy solar

diy solar

Split-phase inverter for battery backup use only

Browse

Solar Enthusiast
If you were to purchase a split-phase inverter (or two parallel capable inverters) today to go with three 48V 5kWh rack mount batteries for emergency backup power...what model would it be? Looking for something to compliment my Honda EU7000is backup generator so I can run on battery at night and the generator during the day. This would be not be a grid tie system or for use with solar panels.

I have been researching for months and haven't found a fairly priced model in the 6kw to 15kw range that is reliable and simple to setup. My goal is to simply plug the output into my existing Nema L14-30 input box to feed a breaker/interlock setup when the generator is disconnected. I may not even mount the inverter.

So many reviews and posts here about various models having issues. The only model I have found that seems to be high quality is the Sol-Ark, but I wouldn't be able to justify the price unless I was going to have a solar setup.

Since you don't need an All-in-One inverter with built in MPPT charge controllers maybe look at something like an AIMS inverter-charger.

OR this

The Genetry Solar option looked decent but seems like it's not a very stable company and they appear to be having supply issues based on this thread:

Not sure about AIMS quality...some research indicates they are made by Sigineer? There is a 6k Sigineer model listed on their website, but it looks much different:

The Genetry Solar option looked decent but seems like it's not a very stable company and they appear to be having supply issues based on this thread. EG4 inverter can parallel 9 but the GS 6kw can not parallel split-phase 240 .

Attachments

• Screenshot (1301790).png
    Screenshot (1301790).png
    432.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (1301791).png
    Screenshot (1301791).png
    294.1 KB · Views: 10
Back