diy solar

diy solar

String layout

lapsmith

There are several discussions here about laying out panel strings, but not related to my question. I have a Growatt MIN inverter with 4 separate MPPT inputs. All thing being equal (sun exposure, wire length, etc) is there any benefit to having all strings the same number of panels? Right now with my temporary hookup, I have a different number of panels on each string and the power from each seems proportional. It seems like it would be best to have them the same for equal wear and tear, but it that true and is there any other benefit?

Right now with my temporary hookup, I have a different number of panels on each string and the power from each seems proportional. It seems like it would be best to have them the same for equal wear and tear, but it that true and is there any other benefit?

That is the primary benefit of multiple MPPT as well as having the option to have different strings facing different directions.

If that flexibility doesn't matter to you, I would be personally inclined to load them all up about equally.

Back