diy solar

diy solar

The 2000w Solar fedex truck

I may upgrade at a later date. The wires and terminals can handle it. I don't plan on using big power but I had this welding cable on hand.
Oh, it will be ok, as long as you don't run any heavy loads on the inverter.
Keep in mind that thing can output 6500W, so if your bank is low, amps can exceed 135A fully loaded.

70A on #6 after losses, conversion etc and you have some seriously overloaded wiring.
FYI, #4 is needed to meet 70A ampacity.
And the wiring will heat at that load.

Oh, it will be ok, as long as you don't run any heavy loads on the inverter.
Keep in mind that thing can output 6500W, so if your bank is low, amps can exceed 135A fully loaded.

70A on #6 after losses, conversion etc and you have some seriously overloaded wiring.
FYI, #4 is needed to meet 70A ampacity.
And the wiring will heat at that load.
Did you see the welding wire chart?Screenshot_20230629-101503_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hello everyone

I have a custom solar rack on my 1997 MT45 12 valve 5.9L cummins stepvan.

2000watts of solar wired in series at about 184 volts. I have a 20a inline fuse coming off the positive side of the panels on the roof. Which after going inside the van immediately terminates at a 20a DC breaker.

Then from the solar breaker it goes to my LV6548 and 2 48v EG4 lifepower4 100ah

I'm using welding cable from a previous build which is rated higher so I have 6 awg from the batteries to the busbars and 1/0 awg to the lv6548 terminals with a T class 200a fuse on the positive.

From there my AC out will go to a 6 circuit panel.

here is the wire I am using
View attachment 154960View attachment 154962View attachment 154963
Can you provide any info on your roof rack? Trying to do something similar on a Step Van with a 20 foot cargo area. I’ve seen some off the shelf racks but not sure I like how they mount to the side of the truck.

Back