diy solar

diy solar

Training my BMS

jassdhali

Hi,

Hope you can help.

Setup my Sunsynk 5kW with Seplos 280 aH with v3.0 bms

Inverter came on, battery pack started charging, then for some unknown reason went into standby.

But the inverter is still showing a 2kW pull from the grid, battery is showing a -2kW reading.

BMS Studio is showing this:
1710638249057.png

Do I have a duff wire on the BMS, has anyone had this issue before.
If more screenshots needed please let me know.

Thanks for your time

Morning,

Thought I would fire the setup again this am.
The battery pack took charge - went from 1.9 to 97.2% SOC (within 4 minutes) hit an over voltage alarm & stopped again
Looked back at the system mode settings and the initial one I HAD SET TO CHARGE BATTERY TO 100% WAS AT 20%.

I Reset that back to 100% - battery started charging again, hit another over voltage alarm - looked at the system setting page - my previous 100% setting had dropped back to 20%

Do I have a ghost in my machine?

Any views greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Think I have found the issue -
Just in case anyone else has this issue.

Think I have found the issue -
Just in case anyone else has this issue.
So is there a TLdr? Unplug the dongle so the cloud can’t mess with your settings?

So is there a TLdr? Unplug the dongle so the cloud can’t mess with your settings?
Not sure what a Tldr is - but I think it was down to my unfamiliarity with the remote settings, I have a better understanding, so I am now using the connect software to set my inverter up.

Currently top balancing my battery pack before discharge.

1710860329285.png

The one thing I am unsure of is that the total current is still @ a minus figure.
Do I need to keep feeding the pack to get that to zero?

The cell deviation has gone from 274mV to what is above now at 4mV within 8 hours.
Currently running the inverter @ grid charge to feed battery.

Cycle is at 10 as I have had a few issues. I put down to my own stupidity & the fact I found the Seplos Active balancer acting weirdly (again may may been down to me)
Now running with a Neey 4a active balancer.

Please give me your thoughts, sure I am doing something wrong :)

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Back