diy solar

diy solar

Price dropped again to $1150 💪 12kw Growatt 12000T DMV MPV low frequency inverter

I currently have the 12k flavor of this and it works very well but I do have it connected to the grid. I have a feeling sourcing a proper isolation transformer would cost more than replacing it with something else.
If you are the only customer on the utility transformer and if you connect an input neutral to the output neutral. (Making it a common neutral system)
You can get by without the extra transformer.

Or you could simply set it up as off grid only and use something like the chargeverter when the batteries get low.

Other than a random no pv start, my 6000t has been reliable for 2+yrs.
That's where It'll land eventually but I don't have enough PV yet to abandon the grid.

That's where It'll land eventually but I don't have enough PV yet to abandon the grid.
Added more panels and a Growatt sc48120 charge controller to the spf6000t. Only had two winter days where any power had to come from the grid, to run the shop. SolarAssistant works with the Growatt spfxxxxt line and if you have a newer sc48120, it is supposed to also work with that.

Guess we're keeping this add bumped up for the seller. Did I mention the 12k is very good at starting heavy loads???

Added more panels and a Growatt sc48120 charge controller to the spf6000t. Only had two winter days where any power had to come from the grid, to run the shop. SolarAssistant works with the Growatt spfxxxxt line and if you have a newer sc48120, it is supposed to also work with that.

Guess we're keeping this add bumped up for the seller. Did I mention the 12k is very good at starting heavy loads???
The spf12000t has two mppt’s, I’m currently using one. Have 10 more 410 watt panels for the other mppt but haven’t gotten to putting them up yet. The spf6000t it replaced is still good and mounted on the wall to be used as a backup or a third charge controller if needed.

The Growatt spf is excellent for starting high induction loads. It runs the 1 hp well pump, 1 refrigerator, 3 freezers, and 2 mini split hvac units while maintaining the rest of the house without a single complaint.

Last edited:
The spf12000t has two mppt’s, I’m currently using one. Have 10 more 410 watt panels for the other mppt but haven’t gotten to putting them up yet. The spf6000t it replaced is still good and mounted on the wall to be used as a backup or a third charge controller if needed.

The Growatt spf is excellent for starting high induction loads. It runs the 1 hp well pump, 1 refrigerator, 3 freezers, and 2 mini split hvac units while maintaining the rest of the house without a single complaint.

Biggest enjoyment out of the 12000t compared to the 6000t was the ability to handle multiple loads during a surge. With the 6000t I couldn't run the house + have the microwave or coffee maker going "then" the deep well pump kick on. The surge from the deep well pump would trigger the overload.

Biggest enjoyment out of the 12000t compared to the 6000t was the ability to handle multiple loads during a surge. With the 6000t I couldn't run the house + have the microwave or coffee maker going "then" the deep well pump kick on. The surge from the deep well pump would trigger the overload.
The 6000t met my needs except for a total failure to re-train the warden in load budgeting. No dear, you can't run the toaster oven and microwave while making coffee and running hot water and drying your hair with every light in the house on. With the 12000t, she CAN do all those things at once...and does! It's impossible to tell we're not still on the grid.

My only regret is not getting the mpv version of the 12000t like you have for sale. It would have made connecting PV much easier.

The 6000t met my needs except for a total failure to re-train the warden in load budgeting. No dear, you can't run the toaster oven and microwave while making coffee and running hot water and drying your hair with every light in the house on. With the 12000t, she CAN do all those things at once...and does! It's impossible to tell we're not still on the grid.

My only regret is not getting the mpv version of the 12000t like you have for sale. It would have made connecting PV much easier.

Lol precisely! I'm about to have a family and having to re-train everyone in load budgeting was not a journey I wanted to embark on 🤭. Reading someone else having the exact experience I only brainstormed about is epic 😎

Price drop $1250 for inverter by itself

$1550 with replacement boards.

Prices are not "shipped".

If not picking up, then shipping will have to be arranged.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back