diy solar

diy solar

[Sold] (US, CA, San Diego) BMW i3 modules for sale (10 modules, 63ah cells) $1200 reduced price +2 free 50.4V chargers and split phase inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGEnc

I purchased these modules used a couple of years ago for research for a commercial project. I have 8 from the same pack that have not been modified or used, and two additional ones that have been slightly modified with ANT BMS (bluetooth) and are wired to a high output split-phase (non-grid-tied) 48VDC 120/240VAC inverter. The system 2 w/BMS and inverter is only partially assembled and being sold as parts, as are the modules.

The modules have been kept in my garage at ~44V, with very little maintenance charging required.

They are the Samsung SDI 63ah prismatic cells in 12S modules. Each module is nominally 2.7kWh, so total nameplate for the 10 modules is 27kWh.

Looking for someone to locally pick up, ideally as a lot. If purchased all together my asking price is $1500 for the 8 plain +2 w/BMS modules and the split phase inverter. That's only $150 per module, with the two BMSes, chargers and inverter included. Encinitas, close to the 5. Please contact me to come check them out. Thanks.IMG_6793.jpegIMG_6794.jpegIMG_6795.jpegIMG_6796.jpegIMG_6797.jpegIMG_6799.jpeg

Last edited:
I reduced the price on the batteries; hoping I can find someone local who wants these for a project.

Interested and local and ready to take these home this weekend? I will make you an excellent deal on these batteries and include two 50.4VAC 10amp chargers with them for free!

Reduced again! $1500 for the 10 Samsung SDI modules, 2 with BMS installed (modules are all wired for any 12S BMS), 2 chargers and split phase inverter.

Most of San Diego is a high fire risk and most, including me getting home owners cancelled. These would have to be disguised and well hidden from sight. They have no UL listing or intended use for solar let alone needing a BMS cobbled together. If I knew these were in my neighbor's house, I would call fire inspector and building inspector since I have poor fire coverage already and don't need somebody burning my house down with their hobby.

Ship them to a state where they can be installed in the middle of nowhere, but not California!

Most of San Diego is a high fire risk and most, including me getting home owners cancelled. These would have to be disguised and well hidden from sight. They have no UL listing or intended use for solar let alone needing a BMS cobbled together. If I knew these were in my neighbor's house, I would call fire inspector and building inspector since I have poor fire coverage already and don't need somebody burning my house down with their hobby.

Ship them to a state where they can be installed in the middle of nowhere, but not California!
thanks for the input. I can only assume someone would use them safely and never inside their house. An off grid cabin in an enclosure for example. shore power for a boat. a golf cart. Not to power a house. If I’ve posted here in error please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back