diy solar

diy solar

!Vehicle Mounted Systems! Who Knew? Cargo Van, Beginner, Need Advice

CloudyWindmill

Hello! I am new to the Cargo Van community and don't even know where to start. DIY is where my budget is at. I want bare bones, simple, and not fancy. Any advice will be appreciated. If this thread is too similar to other threads, please point me in their direction. Thank you.

SCClockDr thanks for your reply.
My rig is a Transit LWB High Roof Cargo. I bought it used. It is a tin can right now. I plan to go FT vandwelling but for the moment I am doing sporadic babysitting for a family member so spend a bit of time at my kids' house--short-term only. I plan to start out dry camping and doing a basic simple diy insulation plus house battery with minimal solar. I hope to also charge the house battery while driving as well. If you know of a different forum for newbie/wanna be folks please advise.

Fun stuff! Lay out everything on a backboard (plywood?) and move the parts around until you get what you need. Biggest thing i re-learned doing these is to leave room for lugs, they offset the radius required..... and that 90° and 45° angled lugs are heaven sent!

Attachments

• 20191016_121840.jpg
    20191016_121840.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 11
Back