diy solar

diy solar

vertical mounting ideas solar charge controller and power distribution on ham desktop

ko6kL

I have found a great charge controller ( no RFI ) and installing in my ham radio room
I have a very large desk and it's pulled back from the wall about 2 feet for back of equipment access.
So thinking I want this device close enough to see the display ( on the wall would be to far, plus more interconneting wires...)
and in the center of the desk to keep
wire runs as short as possible. SOK 12v@208ah will be below the desk in a ice chest
I thinking I could use a equipment rack shelf mounted vertically and lagged down to the very back edge of the desk
this will give me the display within sight of my operation position and put all the DC hardware dead center of the setup.
I was hoping for something a little more RF shielded and better looking.... but this seems like it would workout.
other ideas were to find a used small cabinet something about the size of a in-wall medician cabinet.
anyone else have pic or ideas for ham radio room installs ?
brad
Ko6kL
1645732470502.png
1st week of New power system for the ham radio room...
1670350354683.png

Last edited:
this worked out pretty good for the installation on the back of my ham desk.
I had to make a few changes already to route the in and out of the SCC to the back side
for noise filters.
1670349093358.png

and also upgrade the fuse style and 'output filter' and wire size (above type to small, higher current and more over heating then higher voltage on the input = less current = less heating evan at same watage, this really shows you advanage of higher volatage PV or battery systems)
1670348818242.png

also wanted to share the panel mounting, very low cost , working okay in California , not good for ICE,snow,high wind... but gardener/weed-wacker safe. Ill bet many of you have a old dog kennal or know someone wanting to get rid of one.
I added some tilt last week and will share soon.
1670349315187.png
home made combiner box.
more pics to come.
Ko6kL

the 10 gage is overheating on the SCC output , replacing with 8gage

Back