diy solar

diy solar

Victron MultiPlus-II 48 v System

Thanks, I hadn't heard of the power triangle.

I'm really just looking for some confirmation from owners of this particular inverter, multiplus II 48/3000, or even victro owners in general that their published specs are accurate.

11watts idle
at 25c
3000va continuous
3900va 30 minutes
5500va 2 minutes

Watching some performance tests of this inverter online have called the published specs into question. The tester didn't disclose volt amps, rms amps, ambient temp or time at specific amp load, so you have to take that for what it's worth.

I'm not going to write off victron for a couple poor performance tests with incomplete data, hopefully someone here can provide a contrasting opinion.

I do have test data (watts, amps, volt amps, pf) for all of my appliances from a killawatt and ketotek power meter.

If I had a big party and ran everything at once I would need like 6kva, but 99% of the time I will be running just one or two appliances plus some base critical loads.

What I'm trying to do is model a few typical power usage/ambient temp scenarios on paper vs the published data from the inverter manufacturers so I can spec an appropriate inverter/inverters that meets my needs most of the time while limiting idle current. Since I'm mobile and don't have room for additional solar panels, I'm putting a high priority on low idle current and conversion efficiency.

My older Muliplus I is what I'd consider about average noise wise, the loudest thing being the fan (I think this has improved since) But then again I have all my solar equipment in a purpose made building away from the house, not for noise but more for tidiness and safety.
I have a Multiplus II ready to fit when I get a chance, seemed the smarter option over the 1, much cheaper too.. I just hope being cheaper isn't a bad thing, but I'm sure those very clever engineers at Victron know what they are doing.

I’m considering using Victron Quattro 5k 120v for feeding a Reliance Transfer switch with 120v circuits. Since the TS has the N-G bond already as it’s tied into main service panel I assume I don’t want a bond in the inverter at all if in UPS bypass or Inverter to the circuits selected to be powered from the inverter.

My generator has to have a floating ground for the TS to work so assume it’s the same here for the house with inverter

that's what i'm looking at, but multiplus 2 on a reliance manual transfer switch. the transfer switch only switches hot, so the bond should always be present at the inverter. i believe you still connect the chassis ground to the grounding bussbar?

that's what i'm looking at, but multiplus 2 on a reliance manual transfer switch. the transfer switch only switches hot, so the bond should always be present at the inverter. i believe you still connect the chassis ground to the grounding bussbar?
Inverter would have ground relay off / disabled. Neutral and ground are bonded already at main panel already.

Inverter would have ground relay off / disabled. Neutral and ground are bonded already at main panel already.

thanks, it's confusing. do you still use the grounding lug on the chassis to grounding bussbar since there is continuity between the chassis ground lug and the n/g?

Back