diy solar

diy solar

watch out for Cal solar business crap

e67

I ordered over a grand from one of the big 3 solar warehouses in Cal. I paid a stupid 340$ for shipping but thats American larceny. They call back and run that lame fishing scam about the truck might not have a lift gate and how I might have to pay all over again if the driver didn't want to wait for me to unload 6 panels by hand.80$more for a lift gate.
I cancelled the fkn order. Watch out.....

Platt has been good for me. Call them on the phone and see what they can do for you, then you can just drive there and pick them up, assuming you have an suv, truck or trailer anyway. I can't believe some of the shipping costs on these things.

I ordered over a grand from one of the big 3 solar warehouses in Cal. I paid a stupid 340$ for shipping but thats American larceny. They call back and run that lame fishing scam about the truck might not have a lift gate and how I might have to pay all over again if the driver didn't want to wait for me to unload 6 panels by hand.80$more for a lift gate.
I cancelled the fkn order. Watch out.....
That is a very normal scenario for shipping solar panels. LTL companies dont want to wait for you to unpack an order and not all trucks have lifgates. If you want to guarantee a liftgate, it cost $. I doubt that you will find "free shipping" on 6 panels, if you do, post it here for others. Theres just not enough profit in a small sale to cover that expense. Someone has to break down a pallet and then repack a new pallet with your panels and prep for shipping. Thats probably a 3rd of that 340$ is the labor and shipping supplies.

Theres numerous posts on here about finding small amounts of panels and going to pick them up yourself at the distributor. Theres a reason for this.

Back