diy solar

diy solar

Whisper/World Power Tech/South west Windpower parts?

windmillgeorge

Hello, I have a few, I helped some friends install some. Anyone know where any parts are? Especially the injection molded blades? I did hear once of a guy who bought all the contents when South West Windpower closed up a building.
thanks in advance to any leads.
george

Hello, I have a few, I helped some friends install some. Anyone know where any parts are? Especially the injection molded blades? I did hear once of a guy who bought all the contents when South West Windpower closed up a building.
thanks in advance to any leads.
george
This might help you get one two steps farther along in your hunt. What happened to Southwest Wind Power?

Keep your eye on eBay. Not saying it's going to be easy but you might find something.

thank you ozsolar, answers a lot. But like most stuff, makes me more curious. Appreciate it. george
Certainly an interesting story how they just closed up one day without warning. It looks like the entity that took them over did some sort of analysis to determine the most profitable models then dropped the rest.

My gut tells me that Bergey is not far behind. When PV prices dropped the already terrible economics of small wind fell off the cliff. From what I can tell they've lived off of government grants to development new wind turbines for the 10 years. I've watched several of those fail miserably so I suspect their rope is getting pretty short.

I have a H175 out of service. Some parts available. Like a EZ200 regulator board, led array and wire harness. Dump load.
Diodes and some mosfets.. cheap or will trade stuff!

Back