diy solar

diy solar

Why is battery voltage jumping to 68V?

fcparks

Hi all,
At around 10am both yesterday and today my Schneider XW Pro 6848 gave an event where my battery voltage went above 68V for my 48V system. However, both times my batteries were only being charged at ~55V by my solar panels and hadn’t even reached their 56.4V absorb voltage point yet. I have my high battery cut out set at 58V so this event must be fairly fast as it didn’t cause a shutdown of my system. I can’t figure out where this spike would have came from. Any ideas?

Hi all,
At around 10am both yesterday and today my Schneider XW Pro 6848 gave an event where my battery voltage went above 68V for my 48V system. However, both times my batteries were only being charged at ~55V by my solar panels and hadn’t even reached their 56.4V absorb voltage point yet. I have my high battery cut out set at 58V so this event must be fairly fast as it didn’t cause a shutdown of my system. I can’t figure out where this spike would have came from. Any ideas?
Most often, when a high voltage alert happens it is due to bms disconnect from an out of balance condition.

Are you actually seeing 68 volts or just the fault? Is the fault F49?

Post in thread 'Schneider Insight 2.18 bn41 - anyone install the upgrade?'
Post in thread 'Adding Schneider XW Pro' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/adding-schneider-xw-pro.19090/post-776480

What firmware version are you on?
Without more info, I'd say you're on firmware older than 1.18 and that your voltage level just went to 3 volts below you HCBO and the alarm is just a warning.
At 1.18 Schneider reworded the text of the fault to remove the "68 volts" heart attack.

Edit, wrong link, updated. I've actually posted here plenty of times, but it's not coming up in my earches.
I reread you post and it sounds like this is exactly what happens. Plus you provided data to back it up:
58 volt HBCO
Approximately 55 volt battery voltage

Last edited:
Are you actually seeing 68 volts or just the fault? Is the fault F49?

Post in thread 'Schneider Insight 2.18 bn41 - anyone install the upgrade?'
Post in thread 'Adding Schneider XW Pro' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/adding-schneider-xw-pro.19090/post-776480

What firmware version are you on?
Without more info, I'd say you're on firmware older than 1.18 and that your voltage level just went to 3 volts below you HCBO and the alarm is just a warning.
At 1.18 Schneider reworded the text of the fault to remove the "68 volts" heart attack.

Edit, wrong link, updated. I've actually posted here plenty of times, but it's not coming up in my earches.
I reread you post and it sounds like this is exactly what happens. Plus you provided data to back it up:
58 volt HBCO
Approximately 55 volt battery voltage
You may have solved it. We have version 1.11 and it was F49 and I had just reduced the HBCO to 58. I’ll increase the HBCO and see if that works

I want my HBCO set where I have it, so I've been running with sometimes daily F49 alarms for 2 years ?‍♂️
I've just learned to ignore it.

Back