diy solar

diy solar

Price dropped to $1250 💪 12kw Growatt 12000T DMV MPV low frequency inverter

Gr00ldude48

Slightly used for 4 months as backup if power went out.

Growatt 12000T DVM-MPV, never a blip; I have only mounted the inverter but not being used.

Once the inverter is sold I will sell the Victron power in's busbar setup.

Asking $2k $1750 $1550 for the inverter and backup boards (main power board and control board)

$1250 for the inverter by itself.

Pickup in Dexter, Missouri or I could ship for additional.

I have 42 51 recent sales on reddit u/GAFS for feedback if needed; as well as 20+ recent sales on sniperhide forum. https://www.reddit.com/u/BrotherPlenty1860/s/v6

20240417_140936.jpg20240417_140942.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind having this but just bought a pair of grid interactive 10kw aio's. Have a buddy that might be interested, I'll ask him. FWIW, the spfxxxt are actually a high-freq inverter followed with a transformer. For someone looking for good surge capability, this inverter should do the trick.

Wouldn't mind having this but just bought a pair of grid interactive 10kw aio's. Have a buddy that might be interested, I'll ask him. FWIW, the spfxxxt are actually a high-freq inverter followed with a transformer. For someone looking for good surge capability, this inverter should do the trick.
Awesome Thank you 👍

I will split the inverter and replacement boards but both have to be claimed for me to do so.

I would take $1350 for the inverter. And $350 for the main power board &control board.

That is incorrect. These are indeed true low frequency inverters manufactured by Sigineer for Growatt.

I finally got my hands on a SPF 6000T.
I was very surprised to find that the inverter output is 20 to 24vac. And an isolation transformer steps that up to the 120v/ 240v split-phase.
In pass through mode, the secondary of the transformer is used as an auto-transformer, as I suspected.
Which definitely means that it should not be connected to grid at all. Unless a separate isolation transformer is placed between it and the grid.
It's nice to finally confirm my suspensions about these units.
But, the inverter to transformer voltage was completely unexpected.

I was very surprised to find that the inverter output is 20 to 24vac. And an isolation transformer steps that up to the 120v/ 240v split-phase.
In pass through mode, the secondary of the transformer is used as an auto-transformer, as I suspected.
Which definitely means that it should not be connected to grid at all. Unless a separate isolation transformer is placed between it and the grid.
^^^

If you keep it around, they are pretty robust when it comes to starting loads.

Yeah they are good for basic grid replacement especially with difficult loads, but they are basically dangerous to use "on grid"
And they are a bit to very shite as a PV charger !!!!

^^^

If you keep it around, they are pretty robust when it comes to starting loads.
I'm keeping it.
I just haven't found a use for it yet.
I got it free from a member, here on the Forum. (I paid shipping)
To see if I could fix it. (I did)
I mostly just wanted to have a look inside for myself.
After many conversations and guessing about how it functioned.

I'm keeping it.
I just haven't found a use for it yet.
I got it free from a member, here on the Forum. (I paid shipping)
To see if I could fix it. (I did)
I mostly just wanted to have a look inside for myself.
After many conversations and guessing about how it functioned.
What was wrong with it ?

So the isolation transformer would have to be sized according to the inverter capacity?

Or pass through, whichever would be highest.
I currently have the 12k flavor of this and it works very well but I do have it connected to the grid. I have a feeling sourcing a proper isolation transformer would cost more than replacing it with something else.

Yeah they are good for basic grid replacement especially with difficult loads, but they are basically dangerous to use "on grid"
And they are a bit to very shite as a PV charger !!!!
I've had good experience with them as pv chargers. I've had two 6000Ts as well, connected to grid, off-grid, in everyway imaginable never hiccups or issues. Maybe I got lucky.

Back