diy solar

diy solar

175 W panel on roof top tent used to power ecoflow and car's battery

eogie

Hi there,

I'm new here and new to solar. I have a parasitic draw in my car and my battery will die after sitting for a few days. I also mostly drive short distances which doesn't help. I purchased a 175w renogy panel to mount to my roof top tent and I'm hoping to charge both my ecoflow delta 2 and my car's battery. Is there a charge controller that can handle both or should I run the solar panel direct to my ecoflow and then separately use a charge controller to charge the battery? Can the run be split between the two without trouble?

Thanks for any help!

Eric

I have my suburban and my station wagon equipped with panels that both maintain the battery, and power my River. I use the 12V charging cord. Works great.
The delta 2 is of course larger than the River, so will take longer to recharge, but it works.

I have my suburban and my station wagon equipped with panels that both maintain the battery, and power my River. I use the 12V charging cord. Works great.
The delta 2 is of course larger than the River, so will take longer to recharge, but it works.
Does this require a charge controller or do you have the car battery wired directly? I'd like to keep it connected at all times so I'm assuming a charge controller is needed?

Does this require a charge controller or do you have the car battery wired directly? I'd like to keep it connected at all times so I'm assuming a charge controller is needed?
Yes, I use an MPPT controller in each vehicle.

Yes, I use an MPPT controller in each vehicle.
Okay, so back to my initial question. What is the order of connection? Does only the car battery run from the MPPT or do both run from the MPPT? How do you have it wired? Thank you.

Sorry, I have he mppt connected to the vehicle battery, and have a set of power pole outlets connected to vehicle power in the back to charge the ecoflow

Okay, so you have an MPPT connected to solar which runs to your car's battery which then powers the ecoflow?

solar > mppt > car's battery > ecoflow ?

Back