diy solar

diy solar

18650BatteryStore.com or Sunfunkits.com?

So not cleaning terminals and getting poor results surprises people? Or is cleaning anodizing layer not an expected process?

I’ve seen two types of those dual terminals, one that has threaded insert (helicon) and ones that don’t, not sure if both styles test bad without prep.

I don't think it matters what type of terminal, you're supposed to clean them because raw aluminum creates it own oxide layer that needs removed anyway.

Well if EVE is anodizing there terminals than that is just dumb. Figures you would get better results from removing the top layer. On the flip side it may be better for terminal protection during transport / storage?

Sparky anodizing goes far beyond the typical oxidation from the moisture in the air, its the intentional build up aluminum oxide.

Well there it is then, the matt finish coupled with the test from Andy means you should be sanding off the top layer for better contact. Not the end of the world but annoying non the less.

I know anodizing is more than typical oxidation, my only point was they need cleaned even if not anodized. It sounded to me like he was saying they did not need cleaned if they were not anodized. Anodization does make a thicker (thus harder) layer to remove.

I may have misunderstood his intent.

Back