Per the specifications on the Renogy Panels:
1711474030257.png
String 1 and String 2- Each with 2 Panels in Series
- Volts = 46 V
- Amps = 11.05 A

Tieing both strings together in parallel yields:
- 46 V
- 22.1 A

Is my math correct? Is this the right controller for the panels? Should I do parallel for the strings and then series them together?

Thanks all!

I have a 12v battery system. I understand now - the volts and amps into the charge controller still convert to 12v once they hit the battery.

So there is really no way with 800 watts to make the 50amp controller work, unless I wired my batteries in series.

The only hesitation I have to go 24v on the batteries, is I now need a step down thingamajig to go from 24v to 12v on my RV.

So there is really no way with 800 watts to make the 50amp controller work, unless I wired my batteries in series.
No it will work just fine at a 12V system. 800W of solar has the potential to produce 57A at 14V. A 50A SCC will only pull from our array enough to meet its 50A charging capability. Being over paneled is not a bad thing it will just clip what solar your panels produce to (14V x 50A =) 700W.

I'd stick with 12V in your RV. The 100/50 is an excellent choice. If you want/need to harvest that last 100W of solar, a bigger SCC would help.

I see. And in reality, these panels will probably never perform at peak specs, so this might still be a fine setup then. Appreciate all the quick responses and insight!

Back