diy solar

diy solar

Active balancers

Power4life

So, I really enjoy my system's bms and all the safety features that it provides. What I dont like is its weak and pathetic passive balancing current of 50mA. To remedy this I am looking for a decent active balancer. Not the cheap ones that Will tested ("automatic passive balancer") but something with decent current and true active balancing. I was looking at this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1950876697.html
Anyone have experience with this particular unit. Any info would be greatly appreciated

I have a nice 8s one (They can be chained for an unlimited amount of cells) from ECPC, Link below. They also offer 4s versions. This one can move 6 amps (And I've seen it do it). Also once all the cells are balanced, it shuts down, and with my CALB LiFePO4 cells, the balancer uses less power than the self discharge of the batteries.

Quite an impressive unit. We know heat is a loss of energy, this unit does not generate any heat when in operation.

Here's my video on installing it on my off-grid setup, my video is actually the video they have on their site!

Yes they do exist. How do you tell the difference? At the moment at least the active ones have inductors while the normal (or fake depending on your POV) just have transistors and power resistors.

I just purchased the Deligreen version of that same balancer in 4s. I plan on running it on my 2P4S 300AH pack that I am making. I will be testing to see if the balance transfer function works as stated. From what I have seen in videos and read in other forums this balancer does a very good job. I will keep you posted once parts arrive (and will be starting a separate thread..).
Keith

I just purchased the Deligreen version of that same balancer in 4s. I plan on running it on my 2P4S 300AH pack that I am making. I will be testing to see if the balance transfer function works as stated. From what I have seen in videos and read in other forums this balancer does a very good job. I will keep you posted once parts arrive (and will be starting a separate thread..).
Keith
Thank you. I plan on purchasing soon because I have read good things as well. Seems to be a true active balancer for a reasonable price. Cant wait to get my hands on one.

This one can move 6 amps (And I've seen it do it).
When this balancer pushed 6 amps what were the stats of the battery? Was it at a high or low SOC and was the difference in cell voltage great or small? Curious to know the performance of the balancer.

Back