diy solar

diy solar

All-in-one Solar Hybrid MPPT Charger, Looking for some honest reviews

wayne916

All-in-one Solar Hybrid MPPT Charger, Looking for some honest reviews and recommendations.

my ideal requirement : 24v or 48v, 3000W 240V pure sine wave Inverter, 1500W 150V Solar Input, Dual MPPT and 60A Mains charger built in.
Off-Grid operation., Compatible with Lead-acid and Lithium Batteries. Ideal less than £1000 GBP

Amazon and eBay is awash with low priced high spec too good to be true Hybrid converters all seem to be chinses clones but hardly any reviews!
Supplier/fitters tend to flavour a manufacture but customer feed back or reviews on long term operation seem to be lacking from there web site.

Is there a pecking order for reliability and quality? the best i have come up with:

Victron
Growatt
ICONICA
EPEVER UPower

Low price high spec

SolarEdge
Prostar
Sungrow
PowMr
EDECOA
EASUN

Last edited:
Try looking into Sourcing a LuxPower SNA Unit. It should be well within your budget. Have one myself and it is a bit overkill honestly.
But it is 48 V system.
Even the EG4 18kPV uses technology sourced from LXPTek

Welcome!

Any reason for going 24V? More common would be a 48V system. Quite a few of us in the UK using Solis, which are sub £1000, also Sunsynk are sub £1000 and have good feedback on here.

For grid-tie in the UK, you will need an inverter that is G98 compliant (for under 3680W) or G99 compliant (for > 3680W).

see also my posting here...

Re...
Amazon and eBay is awash with low priced high spec too good to be true Hybrid converters
that's because many are not legal for grid-tie in UK.

Welcome!

Any reason for going 24V? More common would be a 48V system. Quite a few of us in the UK using Solis, which are sub £1000, also Sunsynk are sub £1000 and have good feedback on here.

For grid-tie in the UK, you will need an inverter that is G98 compliant (for under 3680W) or G99 compliant (for > 3680W).

see also my posting here...

Re...

that's because many are not legal for grid-tie in UK.
Hi, thank you for your reply, very informative, "On-Grid tie" was a cut and paste, not something i think i will need. 48V system seems to be the way to go, again thank you, I defiantly need to do a bit more reading. (y)

All-in-one Solar Hybrid MPPT Charger, Looking for some honest reviews and recommendations.

my ideal requirement : 24v or 48v, 3000W 240V pure sine wave Inverter, 1500W 150V Solar Input, Dual MPPT and 60A Mains charger built in.
Off-Grid operation., Compatible with Lead-acid and Lithium Batteries. Ideal less than £1000 GBP

Amazon and eBay is awash with low priced high spec too good to be true Hybrid converters all seem to be chinses clones but hardly any reviews!
Supplier/fitters tend to flavour a manufacture but customer feed back or reviews on long term operation seem to be lacking from there web site.

Is there a pecking order for reliability and quality? the best i have come up with:

Victron
Growatt
ICONICA
EPEVER UPower

Low price high spec

SolarEdge
Prostar
Sungrow
PowMr
EDECOA
EASUN
If you only do one thing… BUY FROM A DISTRIBUTOR THAT YOU'VE THOROUGHLY VETTED! Seriously, learn from my slow motion train wreck of a mistake, be certain they actually offer customer support.
Cheers!

Victron
Growatt
ICONICA
EPEVER UPower

Low price high spec

SolarEdge
Prostar
Sungrow
PowMr
EDECOA
EASUN

This isn't going to help much, but go to u.tube & check out​

"Off-Grid Garage"​

"Faulty" Victron MPPT cause major freak-out and chaos. And it smells funny

Go to the 400 comments, as a guesstimate 50% are negative owners, of that ~ 80% are problems with auto updating software, ~20% relate to poor customer service "can't be bothered" culture from the dealers. Chose dealers carefully.
If they were a customer caring corp, then they should have 1 central international store, & as the product has internet access, any problems could be immediately diagnosed by their AI & a replacement dispatched if needed.

Back