diy solar

diy solar

Are cells larger than 300ah expected soon?

wopachop

Do you think a place like 18650 will carry a cell larger than 300ah in the future?
Im looking at the Envision 305ah for a small 4s battery for a toyhauler.
Still many months away. Wondering if maybe by the time im ready a 400ah cell will exist?
My thought is that for a mobile setup the less external connections the better.
Plus it seems the larger cells are a better value.

Been a lot of fun reading this section and seeing pictures. Been scrolling down eventually hope to come across a mobile build.
Im picturing shock absorption of some kind. Ive got a 65" TV hanging from a bunk bed using springs.
Also have a second bunk where the entire bunk is mounted on 4 suspension springs for the AV receiver and other storage.
Ive sometimes wondered if i create more force. Like when you double jump someone on a trampoline?
Keep meaning to mount a racing drone up there. Its been years, but i believe they record g forces.
Be curious to see if my bunk bed on springs is hurting or helping.

Not answering availability.
My thought is that for a mobile setup the less external connections the better.
For my mobile build I got 280 ah cells and because of size constraints, 250 ah cells would fit better, and more 100 ah cells would build a battery I could remove.

8s 280 ah weighs at least 100 LBS built, which I can’t lift up a ladder and install by myself. I assembled in the RV and that’s where they will stay for life.

If you can fit these bigger cells with no issues, then great. I never realized until I built the battery how much the size in constrained shape issue.

Do you think a place like 18650 will carry a cell larger than 300ah in the future?
It's inevitable that they will offer the EVE LF 560K (628Ah). What's unknown is timing and pricing. Even a four cell 12V config is going to be nearly 50kg.

CATL is releasing 500AH+ cells Q1 2024. They will also be releasing LMFP for public consumption Q3 2024.
EVE is releasing their new family beginning Q1 2024 with several planned releases, possibly including their own LMFP.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide more info due to NDA's BUT they are coming and well-priced for what they are... Initial costs WILL be high as there is significant preorders which may delay public release.

Back