diy solar

diy solar

Beginner question about using this wire for connecting two batteries in parallel

Mike95innj

Hello all. Just registered here and this is my first post. I want to add a second 12V 35Ah sealed lead acid battery and was wondering if this wire would be ok
to use to make the jumpers between the batteries. I understand there's not much flexibility. The batteries will be staying in their location. They will only be approx 12 to 16 inches long with copper ring terminals. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
MikeinNJwire.jpg

What size is the wire? How much draw is on the batteries? It looks promising as real copper, but I can't tell from the picture the size.

What size is the wire? How much draw is on the batteries? It looks promising as real copper, but I can't tell from the picture the size.
4 AWG and they batteries are connected to a 800w modified sine wave inverter. More of a new hobby setup. There's 18 strands of individual
copper wires in it. Just not sure if the thicker strands are ok as opposed to finer strands. Thank you.

4AWG is plenty! You're good to go! As a pro tip, with 2 batteries in parallel take the positive lead from Batt-1 and the negative lead from Batt-2 for best performance.

4AWG is plenty! You're good to go! As a pro tip, with 2 batteries in parallel take the positive lead from Batt-1 and the negative lead from Batt-2 for best performance.
Yes that is my plan on connecting them. Just wasn’t sure if many fine strands of copper was better than these thicker strands. Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

Back