diy solar

diy solar

Bifacial panels with cracks on the rear

cajocars

I have found some solar panels on ebay, Trina 540W for £80 (offers accepted)
The seller says they are solid on the front, cracked on the rear but 100% working.
Is this a good buy?

So the water is going to get in and kill unless you seal them, sealing is hit and miss. I got some 250W single sided panels 2nd hand at £30 each in good condition with no cracks a few weeks ago and they have more chance of lasting than a cracked panel and cheaper per watt.

Bimble also have some cheap used 230w's at £35 so you can see the market is saturated.

Unless you really need bifacials and are also short on space for panels you can get much better deals. Ring your local installers and ask what they have from recent upgrades, it costs them to dispose so be cheeky with your offers.

So the water is going to get in and kill unless you seal them, sealing is hit and miss. I got some 250W single sided panels 2nd hand at £30 each in good condition with no cracks a few weeks ago and they have more chance of lasting than a cracked panel and cheaper per watt.

Bimble also have some cheap used 230w's at £35 so you can see the market is saturated.

Unless you really need bifacials and are also short on space for panels you can get much better deals. Ring your local installers and ask what they have from recent upgrades, it costs them to dispose so be cheeky with your offers.
No, not really needing bifacial; it's going on a garage flat roof and I have aroud 2.3m x5m; I only have a Victron SmartSolar 100/20, so I was thinking of getting a couple of 400W panels
I can find new 400W panels for £85 on Facebook market, so I'd prefer those ones to 6 year old 250W ones (which would mean I need more brackets)

Just stay away from cracked panels, check the panel specs for voltage and amps match your Victron 100/20 before committing. I have new and 2nd hand panels and output against the original rating is not different enough to notice.

I have found some solar panels on ebay, Trina 540W for £80 (offers accepted)
The seller says they are solid on the front, cracked on the rear but 100% working.
Is this a good buy?
no you can get 400w bifacial new for $109.00

Back