diy solar

diy solar

Board done ready 4 install

Fuse block on order. 6 place fuse box should be all I’ll need. The space to the lower left corner of the breaker is where it’s going ⚡⚡️The 12v timer will be connected to the box for timed lighting and such.
I added that shunt for an Aili meter to see exactly what’s going in and out.

I did a 6 place as well. Lights, fan, laptop, fridge, charging port for cell and tablet, and one spare. I also use a CPAP but I bought a Goal Zero 400 lithium to dedicate to that. My trailer is so small if I had any more stuff I wouldn't have room for me.

I did a 6 place as well. Lights, fan, laptop, fridge, charging port for cell and tablet, and one spare. I also use a CPAP but I bought a Goal Zero 400 lithium to dedicate to that. My trailer is so small if I had any more stuff I wouldn't have room for me.
I also use a bipap machine for sleep so I am installing this lil panel (3.5”x4”) by the bed in the trailer for power and usb charging. Has an on/off switch to shut down the USB ports and bright volt meter when not using. I have the 12v receptacle on a dedicated fused power source from the battery for the bipap machine.
1ED87D4E-0662-42CE-B002-3A7BDA69953F.jpeg
CDAD46B1-4DBF-489D-B175-C6A8EF2EC704.jpeg

Last edited:
Depending on your other power requirements, I really suggest something dedicated because what happens if you go to sleep and at 3am you run out of power and you have 4-5 more hours to sleep without your device? I don't know how bad your apnoea is but for me, I can't even think about sleeping without my CPAP. Budget is always a concern, but I laid out the $600 for that Goal Zero 400w lithium and have tested it with my CPAP and a cell phone charging and I got 2 full nights out of it without needing to charge it, and might have gotten a 3rd. Plugged it into my car's cargo area 12v outlet and was charged to 100 in 3 hours. Just a thought if you can afford an auxiliary. You could go with the small Jackery and use that for your Bipap. I know how serious apnoea can be and I won't risk it.

Yep apnoea can be a serious issue
without the machine and back up is always a safety consideration. Luckily mine isn’t at a point where I would be in danger but I definitely would not sleep well. (DOT required me to be tested for my commercial CDL) I need to run a test on my bipap with the 100ah Ruixu to gauge what the window of use would be.
I have a backup LiFePo 55ah in a minn Kota power box I use for portable power that could be used for just that. It has two 12v outlets.

Yep apnoea can be a serious issue
without the machine and back up is always a safety consideration. Luckily mine isn’t at a point where I would be in danger but I definitely would not sleep well. (DOT required me to be tested for my commercial CDL) I need to run a test on my bipap with the 100ah Ruixu to gauge what the window of use would be.
I have a backup LiFePo 55ah in a minn Kota power box I use for portable power that could be used for just that. It has two 12v outlets.

I have a friend who has apnoea as bad as I do (when tested I had 58 interruptions per hour - roughly every minute I woke up to gasp for air) and when he had a power outage he just went out to his garage and grabbed a spare car battery he keeps on hand. Using alligator clips he ran his CPAP for 3 nights. Then stuck the battery back on the charger when the power came back on. Point being is that they don't draw much. And the new one I got from the VA is so quiet I actually miss the white noise from the old one.

Back