diy solar

diy solar

CATL SE-200 cells

stevelesak

I have Two banks of CATL SE-200 cells in a marine installation. CATL stopped making this battery (it's a blue plastic case) and only offers the usual aluminum case cells which are not suitable for a marine environment. IMO It is a tight installation so form factor is critical.

I see these SE-200 cells for sale advertised as new but CATL quit making the SE-200 batteries years ago. Perhaps current producers are using CATL compnents and packing them in the blue plastic container. The form factor as published is the same as the original CATL batteries. Does anyone have experience with the new 'CATL' batteries?

New? Probably 'new junk' and on Aliexpress...

Maybe Winston/Thundersky is an option? They also offer LiFeYPO which can handle low temps much better
Or have a look at Sinopoly.

i think you mean CALB SE-200's
i think you best bet would be winston thundersky cells , they are still producing the pastic encased cells, in different ( and bigger sizes) too

no sure about a us distri , these guys are chinese ( no exp. with them )
these guys are in the EU : https://shop.gwl.eu/en/By-Brand-Manufacturer/ThunderSky-Winston/ , and have a good reputation, although a bit expensive

Thanks for the help. I did mean CALB SE-200. Looks like the safest bet would be the Sinoply equivalent. Virtually the same form factor.

Does anyone know a reliable supplier for Sinoply batteries? I emailed EVIlithium and got back an unintelligible reply.

Thanks for the help. I did mean CALB SE-200. Looks like the safest bet would be the Sinoply equivalent. Virtually the same form factor.

Does anyone know a reliable supplier for Sinoply batteries? I emailed EVIlithium and got back an unintelligible reply.

I am also considering buying these cells as the form factor is spot on for my space. They also seem well priced relative to other plastic-wrapped cells.

How concerned should I be that they’re two years past manufacture? If they’re correctly stored shouldn’t they be fine still?

I am also considering buying these cells as the form factor is spot on for my space. They also seem well priced relative to other plastic-wrapped cells.

How concerned should I be that they’re two years past manufacture? If they’re correctly stored shouldn’t they be fine still?
If you mean the CALB SE-200, most of these that i’ve seen sold are used cells. Unless you are positive they are new old stock - be prepared for short lifespan.

If you mean the CALB SE-200, most of these that i’ve seen sold are used cells. Unless you are positive they are new old stock - be prepared for short lifespan.
Thanks toms. I will investigate some more.

I emailed Alex Dordey at sinopolyusa.com. The Sinopoly plastic case battery is virtually identical to the CALB SE-200. It is in produced on demand to facilitate replacements in the field. I would need only 8 or 16 units which is far too few to get a batch manufactured. Perhaps there will some production soon, but there is no way of telling.

Mr. Dorsey uses the Sinopoly batteries like the SE-200 but is replacing them with 100 ah Sinopoly batteries in an aluminum can. I have felt aluminum can batteries are not suitable for marine applications. Mr Dorsey fells they will be fine. Dunno.

Back