diy solar

diy solar

Checking my plan, need some advice

srmiller51

I am installing a solar system at the Oregon Coast for my disabled wife who is traumatized by the outages. I have installed a Generac 50 amp HOmelink transfer switch and a EG4 600xp along with 2 5.12KW Sungold batteries. I bought a pallet of Msolar 108BB 410 watt solar panels so I have a lot of panels, can't use my roof but have a backyard where I plan on positioning 8-10 panels facing south, and 6 facing west. Some of the south panels would have some shadowing as the sun moves west so I am thinking of connecting them in parallel. My electrician is going to help hook up the panels to the Inverter this Wednesday and I am not so sure of his solar knowledge. Each MPPT is rated for 4kw of solar input which leads to 8 kw input in total. Is 18n panels going to be too many? Secondly, is there like a help desk where I can call and have a tech to online and check out my settings and configure the system for me? It looks like the system can be managed online and offsite. It can be a paid service also. Thanks in advance

Back