diy solar

diy solar

Could use some advice after buying by EVE directly

zappenduster

Hi guys,
before I begin: I'm not a native speaker, so please excuse some mistakes.

I bought 16 Eve LF280K back in September of October 2022 and had to wait quite a while till they got shipped. The communication was with Oliver Li and it was okayish, I guess. I often had to ask for an update, there was nothing coming from him directly - but apart from this is was a friendly conversation. In February I received the cells and from there the problems began:

From the 16 cells 5 were damaged due to the usual problem, that the terminal got bend because of the poor packaging. 4 of them were hit harder than the 1. Apart from that the cells were great. All absolutely flat and I could test just one in a very cold garage (about 5° Celsius) and it had just about 265Ah but I guess this has to do with the 5° garage.

IMG_2901 2.jpg

Since Oliver always said, that he could either refund me the 5 (but i'd have to order another 5 and that would be more expensive) or I should buy 3 more and he could send me 8 from the german warehouse we were able to come to the solution that I'd get 4 and he'd refund me 1.

I received the 4 new ones today and have to say that I'm not pleased with the quality. They're marked differently than the ones I got (more sharpie points on the terminal and some marks on the blue stuff on the bottom of the cells) and they're a bit swollen. Sadly I dont have any test equipment here, I can just test them on friday, but I'd like to know if you'd say that the swelling is way to bad and I should try to get 4 other ones of if you'd stick with them and it's fine. Btw: The production date of the cells seems to be the 30th November/1st December 2022.

IMG_3036.jpgIMG_3034.jpg

Thanks for any opinion, feeling a bit down right now and could use some help.

Last edited:
That reliefs me a bit, but why are they so different then to the other 16 I got that a completely flat and even 2 months older?

Back