diy solar

diy solar

Crazy cheap 50ah LiFePo4 cells! See inside!

MadMax03

I am not, nor am I affiliated with the seller. Just a great find and wanted to hook up all the forum folks!

Have at it!

My lifepo4 100AH pac is built with these cells. If you search eBay you will find 8 cells with interconnects for 400 shipping included . There new pull offs from lion energy. I had an issue with a cell and they shipped me 2 cells. Great Cust. Service!

Awesome! The seller has a fantastic feedback score. I wanted SO badly to build a 100ah, 14v parallel add-on to my LTO car stereo battery with these until Will talked me out of it. I emailed with the seller and they said they have close to a thousand of these cells in their inventory.

I bought 8 of these from them for just under $460 a few weeks back, 24V nominal, 50AH (1,280 Watts), included shipping. Happy with the batteries so far. Although, had to make my own bus bars. I've been running about 1KW a day off of them since (~80% usage). Running on them now to power a desktop computer, 2 monitors, stereo, and pedestal fan in a home office in the evenings (~200 Watts per hour DC,~ 5 hours).

I bought them mainly as test batteries to learn more about LifePO4 batteries as I'm looking to transition from 6V Golf cart (lead-acid) batteries (24V) for recreational hunt camp.

I bought 8 of these from them for just under $460 a few weeks back, 24V nominal, 50AH (1,280 Watts), included shipping. Happy with the batteries so far. Although, had to make my own bus bars. I've been running about 1KW a day off of them since (~80% usage). Running on them now to power a desktop computer, 2 monitors, stereo, and pedestal fan in a home office in the evenings (~200 Watts per hour DC,~ 5 hours).

I bought them mainly as test batteries to learn more about LifePO4 batteries as I'm looking to transition from 6V Golf cart (lead-acid) batteries (24V) for recreational hunt camp.

You power all that with 200W/hr? How is that possible?

You power all that with 200W/hr? How is that possible?
Yep, Averaging around 200 Watts x 5 hours = 1,000 Watts (each evening)

70 Watts - Desktop computer
20 Watts - Two 24" Monitors (Dual monitor), Each is 9 - 11 Watts
25 Watts - Stereo
60 Watts - Pedestal Fan, on low
---------------------------------------------
175 Watts average, according to a Kill-A-Watt meter
Estimate 10 - 15% inverter conversion losses (200 Watts DC to 175 Watts AC)

I've been shutting down the inverter when not in use so the battery recharges during the day when I'm at work (no phantom loads). Using 330 Watt solar panels, average 1,200 - 1,500 Watts a day. I have a charger for inclement weather days.

I've also run the coffee maker, microwave, toaster oven, and vacuum cleaner off this battery with a 2,000 Watt pure sine wave inverter. So far, it's working out well for what it is. I recently added an 8S 200A active BMS.

I'm figuring to go with a larger capacity system. Just gotta balance cost with desired usage for a half-way decent configuration.

25 Watts - Stereo

I've been shutting down the inverter when not in use so the battery recharges during the day when I'm at work (no phantom loads). Using 330 Watt solar panels, average 1,200 - 1,500 Watts a day. I have a charger for inclement weather days.

I've also run the coffee maker, microwave, toaster oven, and vacuum cleaner off this battery with a 2,000 Watt pure sine wave inverter. So far, it's working out well for what it is. I recently added an 8S 200A active BMS.

I'm figuring to go with a larger capacity system. Just gotta balance cost with desired usage for a half-way decent configuration.

Incredible. My PC's PSU alone is a kW.

Mine is sitting at 190 watts right now. Old Dell Optiplex 745. Maybe that's capacity rather than draw? Maybe its souped up?
I have a 50Ah bank as well but I only run a 1000 watt inverter at a max of 500watts . Cheap Chinese one.

Cells above are 3.125 lbs or 1.42 Kilos so the weight is good for 50Ah.

Last edited:
Mine is sitting at 190 watts right now. Old Dell Optiplex 745. Maybe that's capacity rather than draw? Maybe its souped up?
I have a 50Ah bank as well but I only run a 1000 watt inverter at a max of 500watts . Cheap Chinese one.

Yup, I built it myself. Another hobby I can't afford (or why I can't afford anything else sometimes lol). I have to justify the cost for use over time or I'd go completely insane with what I spend on my PC builds lol

Incredible. My PC's PSU alone is a kW.
My PC is a custom built a few months back. Nothing fancy. An AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB RAM, Dedicated video card (RX 470), with a 550 Watt 80+ Gold Power Supply.

Efficient CPU, efficient power supply. I use the PC mostly for general use, not so much for gaming. So, I'm not peaking out the power supply.

Right now I'm pulling 220 watts, that's the PC/monitor and the fridge.

[EcQUOTE="Delta-V, post: 968, member: 72"]

25 Watts - Stereo

[/QUOTE]
Excellent power generation/usage data thanks for sharing.

Back