diy solar

diy solar

Darfon Gro Watt GBLI 5001 Battery Pack- worth a punt?

Well this is annoying. Fitted the SP3000-s earlier. Changed over from an SP2000. Used all the same sensors etc. It's all working ok apart from.... The CT sensor! Thinks I'm importing near 2.5-3kw constantly and I'm actually exporting ~100w confirmed through myenergi. Anyone have any ideas of what I can try? Looks like I need a new ct sensor?
The CT sensor is identical between SP2000 and SP3000 so something else is a-miss

sorry for the barrage. just did a test. With no sun.... and the battery discharging to cover the load it sits at 1.2-1.3kW discharge with about 0.9kW of that being exported. This is with myenergi eddi turned off. With it on the discharge rate keeps increasing as they are fighting each other. So there appears to be a 900W offset from zero export. Im not sure what I can try apart form different CT clamps and see if I get lucky. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

James
I don't have an eddi but I have a similar device. I set that to only draw from solar over a certain export level. This prevents the SP3000 fighting with it

@giangy11

i am following the progress on your project.

did you succeed?
what wires did you route from the JKBMS to the RJ45 on the Original Batt Case?
Did you look into the Parallel connection of the BMS possibly using the RS485 that comes with the JKBMS

regards
Sorry for my late reply, I didn't receive any notification :-(
Anyway if you are still interested, yes it's working fine. I didn't connect any wire between the jkbms and the rj45 connector, I removed the whole rj45 connector from the original battery case (two screws) only to have an access outside the battery

Does anyone know where i can get the CAN and RS485 cable from?

mine came without it and i am not sure what they expect me to do without the cable with the JKBMS....its practically useless

i mean how do they expect us to connect the JKBMS to the inverter without either of the cables??/

View attachment 193921
Help pls

regards
I bought the rs485 cable on Amazon, after few research on the web, it should be a
Micro JST MX 1.25mm 4Pin type
I used it to connect an esp32s3 to the jk bms in order to monitor it's parameters with the home assistant environment

Back