diy solar

diy solar

dc-dc charger question

My camper gets around this issue by installing a boost button which Gangs the two batts together briefly on a big relay while you hold the button.. then hit the starter.. the inrush is then limited for a few seconds while holding it.. just a thought.. I noticed the limitations of all those units.. but I was thinking on using the Kisae 50 and not using the solar input at all, or maybe putting a dongle on it so I could toss a couple ground panels on it. I would not rely on any of them for MPPT work and DC work.. single point failure.

I do and it works perfecrly for my application, if you (don't meen you i meen the owner of the system) choose the wrong controller for your application obv it will be an issue but all 5 i've fitted work perfectly with the already installed low voltage panels with shading issues (narrow boats on tree lined canals ect), for a stationary application or with a fresh instal with more roof space i would choose differantly, mine is into it's 3rd year of keeping my ambo/camper alive, even with 4 battery circuits to charge, horses for courses and all that (y)

Hi, I'm interested in the Renogy DC DC MPPT product, I have a narrow boat that does get partially shaded. How do you integrate AC shore power with the Renogy product in your system?
-Bill

Hi, I'm interested in the Renogy DC DC MPPT product, I have a narrow boat that does get partially shaded. How do you integrate AC shore power with the Renogy product in your system?

Run both chargers into the same battery bank. If your bank has a max charging rate you might consider sizing the shore power charger so that solar + shore can't exceed the bank's charging limit.

Back