diy solar

diy solar

DC to DC with MPPT

AnarchyJet

I see a lot of threads for the Renogy ones but has anyone ever used one of these? https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...896.html?spm=a2700.details.0.0.594911d8bG3HPl
Searched but didn't find anything on the forum about Wemaxpower. Specs fit my needs and it saves some money. Would be for an enclosed trailer with 120 Ah lifepo4 battery, 800w inverter. Looking to add 200-400w of solar and dedicated 40amp vehicle charging from my trucks upfitter switch.

The trick with MPPT is that the source voltage needs to be a few volts higher than destination (charging) voltage. We bandy the 5V number around quite a bit. And optimal MPPT range normally more/higher.

The max volts on this dc-dc with mppt is 50vdc which is double the Renogy. 2x 200w PV's in series would be 42voc and 13 amps. Probably pushing the solar capabilities but since the panels will be flat mounted on a trailer i'm thinking its OK

Ah, i misunderstood. I thought you were going to use do DC to DC with an MPPT (read to much into the title).

That unit looks respectable and has a good functional design (on paper anyway). I just cannot bring myself to put out a couple hundred for something unknown, unsupported and most likely with no real warranty.

I just cannot bring myself to put out a couple hundred for something unknown, unsupported and most likely with no real warranty.
That's where I'm at, was hoping someone here had tried it. If I pull the trigger, I'll update on how/if it works.

Back