diy solar

diy solar

Dead cell sample lines on JKBMS JK-B2A24S JK-BMS >> FIXED

See post 13 for the pic, for some reason my type of board has 2 P8 pins and tracks, most only have one resistor fitted but both mine were populated so I had a spare. I have now bought some resistors in case more go but there were no 1/16W 0.01 Ω resistors around so I bought 1/8W 0.02 Ω resistors.

As for tools I used a normal soldering iron with a bent thin tip and a LCD microscope.

I find as long as you can see close enough then the size of the tools is less important.

Can't advise on where you get a resistor, if it was me and I was sure not to increase the cells then 24 sounds a good resistor to use. Using 18 risks messing up 17.

Would anyone consider this surface mount fuse to be a bad design ? When a fuse pops are you really gonna ship it back to China for repair ?

Hmm -- overlooked the obvious ...
I can put an inline fuse in the external red wire(s) on the cell(s) that I had to jumper in the black box.
I'm thinking the glass tube type AGC 2.5 or 3 amp
I can only imagine how many of these 'blown fuse' BMS units are piling up and getting tossed out !! Over a 5 cent part. Good design China.

Last edited:
And here is the original post by @upnorthandpersonal that provided me with the fix that I copied.

Back