diy solar

diy solar

DEYE MODBUS to control inputs

Project eYacht

After some help controlling my DEYE with MODBUS. I have a 30kW hybrid DEYE inverter in our solar electric boat. I have solar connected via PV (DC solar) and GEN (AC solar) ports as well as shorepower on the GRID input. Problem is I also have 250 kW DC generation capability from my electric motors that goes direct to the BMS, bypassing the DEYE. When generating via the electric motors I want to be able to disable all the other inputs for charging from the DEYE. Is there a way to do this via MODBUS? I am currently thinking of using registers 231 and 232 for enable/disable GEN and GRID inputs, but I cant find anywhere to block the PV power. Is there a simpler way - can I just limit the power the DEYE is allowed to output to the battery to zero instead?

1708592119069.png

Can't help and I'm not sure to understand why you want to stop charging from Dyne when charging (regen?) from motor.
But please let us know build thread or blog about your electric eYacht 😄

After some help controlling my DEYE with MODBUS. I have a 30kW hybrid DEYE inverter in our solar electric boat. I have solar connected via PV (DC solar) and GEN (AC solar) ports as well as shorepower on the GRID input. Problem is I also have 250 kW DC generation capability from my electric motors that goes direct to the BMS, bypassing the DEYE. When generating via the electric motors I want to be able to disable all the other inputs for charging from the DEYE. Is there a way to do this via MODBUS? I am currently thinking of using registers 231 and 232 for enable/disable GEN and GRID inputs, but I cant find anywhere to block the PV power. Is there a simpler way - can I just limit the power the DEYE is allowed to output to the battery to zero instead?

View attachment 197532
Hi,
I am curious, have you actually managed to control the inverter through ModBus?
TIA
Tom

Back