diy solar

diy solar

ECO-WORTHY 3kw All-in-one Hybrid inverter, Anybody used one?

C.Jenkins

I just purchased and open box unit for $200, it looks similar to several of the other units sold online. It's not listed on their site but I was able to locate a manual for it. Just curious if I should use it or go with something else. This is my first time messing with the all-in-one inverters.

My plan is to use some 100w panels I have from work along with some 100ah batteries I have and use them in/on my shed. The shed has a 20amp circuit from the house that I'll just connect to the inverter, Then I can power everything in the shed from the inverter. I change to all battery lawn equipment last year. So the goal is to be able to charge everything from the solar. A secondary goal is to be able to use this for backup power during a power outage.

Attachments

• Eco-3000w.pdf
    8.2 MB · Views: 19
I just purchased and open box unit for $200, it looks similar to several of the other units sold online. It's not listed on their site but I was able to locate a manual for it. Just curious if I should use it or go with something else. This is my first time messing with the all-in-one inverters.

My plan is to use some 100w panels I have from work along with some 100ah batteries I have and use them in/on my shed. The shed has a 20amp circuit from the house that I'll just connect to the inverter, Then I can power everything in the shed from the inverter. I change to all battery lawn equipment last year. So the goal is to be able to charge everything from the solar. A secondary goal is to be able to use this for backup power during a power outage.
I bought one today for 400. Canadian second hand unused. I’m doing the exact thing here in my shed workshop at beautiful Cultus Lake BC. I’ll watch this feed to see if I can learn anything. Thanks

I bought one today for 400. Canadian second hand unused. I’m doing the exact thing here in my shed workshop at beautiful Cultus Lake BC. I’ll watch this feed to see if I can learn anything. Thanks
Eco-worthy was selling them for 489.Ca but they are sold out with no date for restocking.

I was looking at their smaller units that don't have the AC charger. I have a couple of extra LiFePO4 batteries and solar panels. Just looking for something small to power grow lights and a seedling mat heater in a greenhouse. Eco-Worthy has a 600w inverter, 30amp SCC all in one for $130 but they are sold out.

https://www.eco-worthy.com/products...r-inverter-30a-controller-for-off-grid-system
I picked up one of those a few years ago as a teaching tool. The PWM controller really limits it down and the 600w rating should be treated as surge capacity, but for a garden shed lights box and tool battery charger it worked fine.

Fun little toy, but a toy none the less.

I picked up one of those a few years ago as a teaching tool. The PWM controller really limits it down and the 600w rating should be treated as surge capacity, but for a garden shed lights box and tool battery charger it worked fine.

Fun little toy, but a toy none the less.
My new eco worthy 3000 hybrid inverter has mppt charge controller

Back