diy solar

diy solar

EG4 ll v2 51.2v to Growatt Communications Fixed

Saturn_up

Full Time Off Grid
So no question on this thread. Just putting this out there to be accessible to other people who have gone round and round trying to get the v2 batteries to communicate with your cc/inverter.

My setup

Growatt spf 6000 t dvm mpv
(2) Eg4 ll v2 51.2v
panels- irrelevant

So looong story short. Dip switches are upside down, and the sequencing is wrong.

Wiring.
Top battery-comm port to Top battery-comm port.

Either Battery's Rs485 port to inverter bms port (not rs485)

1. set both batteries to 16 (all switches towards face plate / towards you)

2. Turn batteries off with push button, dont worry about the breakers, didnt matter.

3. Turn batteries on.

4. Hold middle right button for 5 seconds and release.

5. Set protocol to rs485 for growatt

6. Back out of menu to the main screen.

7. Power off both batteries (button only)

8. Set both batteries to id 1 (switch closest to comm port down, all others up)

9. Power batteries on.

Inverter setting (05) LI
Inverter setting (51) L01

It works. No promises.

The dip switches are visually in position 8 The reason i set them to (8) is because that would be 1 if the switch was the right way up.

I tried setting them to 1 and 2 but the inverter only showed half soc. When both set to 1 it shows the same soc as the battery display.

I really hope this helps someone. God knows ive spent days standing out in the cold trying everything i could think of.

16755536503463202920596060360235.jpg

1675553769150885635461637346171.jpg

Update.
I don't think it is actually reading both batteries, but as long as they stay close in soc it should be fine.

Sounds like you have the same setup that I do. I just got my eg4-ll v2 last week and ya the dip switches are backwards but after going back and reading the manual exactly I fig out 4 is really 1 lol. Did you just get your batterys hooked up. After 2 days with the communication running I discovered that the growatt is locked out on 50a max charge rate if the battery type is set on Li. I got a 5.8kw array so I already cant pull the full power from it because the growatt has a max charge rate of 80a which is about 4.3kw. With the 50a limit on the Li setting thats only 2.7kw . I ended up switching it to usr and putting in all the setting manually. Now I can pull the full 80a but cant read the soc correctly... its always at 100% till the low voltage switch to utility kicks in and then it reads 40%, which is around 20% on the BMS

I've had these running right at a week.
I also noticed the 50a limit, and considering using the us2 setting again myself.

its always at 100% till the low voltage switch to utility kicks in and then it reads 40%, which is around 20% on the
Is that the reading from the battery screen or the inverter?

On the inverter I get 100% or 40%, the battery screen shows the right soc so its really just if I want to look at it on the app for the inverter to see where the battery is at.

On the inverter I get 100% or 40%, the battery screen shows the right soc so its really just if I want to look at it on the app for the inverter to see where the battery is at.
Ah ok. I didnt know it would give soc in use/us2 mode. I may experiment with this and see if i can figure out how to get the correct soc displayed in these modes.

Back