diy solar

diy solar

Enphase Encharge storage Re-use

Azimuth

I have a whole home Enphase Encharge system after several issues the latest of which I'm currently experiencing, I'm regretting ever going with the Enphase battery system.
I want to remove my Enphase system controller and replace it with an EG4 18k(PV)

I would use the existing IQ8 micro inverters via the AC coupled capabilities of the EG4.

My main question is, can the existing 20KWh of Enphase battery cells that I already have be used without the iQ8-Batt and ac coupling system.
Has anyone disassembled an IQ Battery to see if there is DC voltage at 48V on those units?

I don't think you can do this... I have never tried to remove the iQ8-Batt Inverters before (I have replaced them) to test the voltage. Have you tried to RMA the System Controller? Not sure if this helps, but I am curious to see what you end up doing.

The Enphase batteries do not run a 48v system, their internal voltage is higher, in the 72v range if memory serves me right.
It may be best to sell your 20KWh stock and go with a new 48v setup - wall or rack.

Last edited:
Back