diy solar

diy solar

Foam batteries

No prices listed, probably have to find a dealer, but from the description:
SALIENT FEATURES
  • Sealed – requires no maintenance
  • More than 3-4 times cycle life compared to flooded gel & AGM VRLA batteries at 50% DOD.
  • Lower cost per kWh delivered compared to premium VRLA batteries.
  • Unmatched ability to recover from extended storage in discharged state.
  • Throughput efficiency greater than 90%.
  • Improved high/low temperature performance.
  • Superior protection against corrosion and sulfation related problems.
  • Available with Battery Energy Management System (BEMS) .
  • Lowest Cost of ownership
  • Industry leading warranty.
  • Compatible with existing lead acid battery recycling infrastructure.
  • Outstanding long life even under partial state of charge operation.

I was so excited when I first saw these batteries some years ago. What I have learned:

1. Horrible quality control and service. There are some vents on the top that would fail, and their customer support would take ages to respond.
  2. Hard to find distributors. Have you seen these batteries in any stores or on amazon? Or anywhere? Neither have I.
  3. Great low temp performance, but its still heavy. At the given price point, and with shipping costs, I would go with lifepo4.
  4. They like to die for no reason. And again, horrible customer support.

So they look good on paper for a lead acid battery, but I would avoid them like the plague if I were you guys. Still a heavy, expensive, lead acid battery. Google search peoples experience with them on the marine forums. Lots of stories.

No prices listed, probably have to find a dealer, but from the description:
SALIENT FEATURES
  • Sealed – requires no maintenance
  • More than 3-4 times cycle life compared to flooded gel & AGM VRLA batteries at 50% DOD.
  • Lower cost per kWh delivered compared to premium VRLA batteries.
  • Unmatched ability to recover from extended storage in discharged state.
  • Throughput efficiency greater than 90%.
  • Improved high/low temperature performance.
  • Superior protection against corrosion and sulfation related problems.
  • Available with Battery Energy Management System (BEMS) .
  • Lowest Cost of ownership
  • Industry leading warranty.
  • Compatible with existing lead acid battery recycling infrastructure.
  • Outstanding long life even under partial state of charge operation.
They are 512 $ for 116 ah. you can also by them on amazon. I live in Az to ship 2 to my house i got a quote of 66.95

I was so excited when I first saw these batteries some years ago. What I have learned:

1. Horrible quality control and service. There are some vents on the top that would fail, and their customer support would take ages to respond.
  2. Hard to find distributors. Have you seen these batteries in any stores or on amazon? Or anywhere? Neither have I.
  3. Great low temp performance, but its still heavy. At the given price point, and with shipping costs, I would go with lifepo4.
  4. They like to die for no reason. And again, horrible customer support.

So they look good on paper for a lead acid battery, but I would avoid them like the plague if I were you guys. Still a heavy, expensive, lead acid battery. Google search peoples experience with them on the marine forums. Lots of stories.
Thanks Will guess LiPo it is. They do sell them on amzon.

I saw these batteries a couple of years ago and sent them a couple of emails since they are located very near me. Never got any response. Thought about going by there but decided if they won't responsd to emails I don't want to do business with them.

I ran across these batteries looking for something better than FLA, Was wondering if anyone has herd anything about them, Thanks
No never heard of such a thing as a foam battery but their write up us intriguing, no specifics on the specs though. I also noticed that they won an award in 2006, nigh on fifteen years ago now, so what ever happened to foam batteries?

Back