diy solar

diy solar

Hear me out........

jwy224

This inquiry is purely hypothetical, aimed at exploring the feasibility of certain setups. Suppose we have a 3000W Growatt and a new 3000VA Victron, both operating at 120V. The objective is to power a 240V house circuit during a power outage. One proposed method involves using the Growatt to invert power from a battery bank, feeding it into the Victron. With both devices drawing power from the same battery bank, the Victron could potentially double the output to around 6kW (3kW pass-through from the Growatt, 3kW inverted by the Victron). The power could then be routed through a Victron autotransformer to adjust the voltage to 240V, subsequently powering the house circuit via a generator input.

Alternatively, employing two Victron inverters configured for split-phase output could achieve the same goal. In this scenario, the Growatt could feed an autotransformer to divide the 3kW output into two legs, each delivering approximately 1,500W. These legs could then be fed into the AC inputs of the Victron inverters, potentially providing a combined output of around 4.5kW on each leg.

While these setups seem theoretically viable, practical implementation may present challenges and require careful consideration of compatibility, efficiency, and overall system complexity. I implore you to give me your thoughts and ideas.

Sometimes you try to save a buck and you end up spending more.

Buy another 3k victron and connect them for split-phase. Sell the growatt to recoupe the cost between it and the hypothetical auto-transformer

Or do it the other way around if you want to make the eggo cry

Back