diy solar

diy solar

Help me Install 3 EG4 Mini Split Solar Heat Pumps

Where did you mount the inside unit? I've been debating high on the wall or down low for easier cleaning of the evaporator coil. 18 foot ceiling.

I'm planning on two 24K units. I'm not certain if I want dual head either. I will still have the older lower SEER rated 2 ton unit with air handler for backup or additional quick cooling if needed.
Put one 15 foot from back end of barn about 7 foot high.....want to be able to direct turbo air right on me if I am working on something....put the other about 15 foot inside from the door, same height. I believe the air stratifies and keeps more of the cold air where I want it, down low. This think only has an inch of spray foam and my homemade doors leak like hell......hope to get some brush seals around the doors sometime soon. But buy gosh, it sure works better than I had hopped . I like single head, redundant if one fails.

You need to get at the filter screens too to at least blow them off?? Speaking of which, I wonder if the Shop environment needs additional cleaning?? Where I live, South wind blows in very fine dirt?? Does anyone use a real "micron" filter on the evaporator or all use the screens??

Those high shop ceilings, no problem on COOL of course, but on HEAT I think you'd want the unit down lower where you could direct the heat to your workspace....before it rises to the ceiling...

You need to get at the filter screens too to at least blow them off?? Speaking of which, I wonder if the Shop environment needs additional cleaning?? Where I live, South wind blows in very fine dirt?? Does anyone use a real "micron" filter on the evaporator or all use the screens??

Those high shop ceilings, no problem on COOL of course, but on HEAT I think you'd want the unit down lower where you could direct the heat to your workspace....before it rises to the ceiling...
On heat we are just trying to keep it from freezing our sprayer if any left over water is still in the boom.

Back