diy solar

diy solar

help please

justme1301

hi i wonder if anyone can help me ?
i want too wire 4 x 12v 130 ah lead acid batteries to make 24v @ 260amp in series and parallel could anyone show me a picture of how i need to wire them please
all 4 batteries are one in front of the other and power is being taken from the rear battery to 24v 2500 watt (5000w) surge invertor powered by 4 x 235watt panels @ 7.92 amps wired in parallel and each panel is giving between 32.3v and 37v thanks for any help in this enquiry

i want too wire 4 x 12v 130 ah lead acid batteries to make 24v @ 260amp in series and parallel could anyone show me a picture of how i need to wire them please
all 4 batteries are one in front of the other and power is being taken from the rear battery to 24v 2500 watt (5000w) surge invertor powered by 4 x 235watt panels @ 7.92 amps wired in parallel and each panel is giving between 32.3v and 37v thanks for any help in this enquiry
Check here.

There are two ways to do it, wiring positive from batt1 to negative on batt two, will give 24v 130Ah, then do it again for the second set.
Then tie bat 1 set 1 negative to bat 1 set 2 negative.

Then tie bat 2 set 1 positive to bat 2 set 2 positive.

This parallels the pairs of batteries.

Another way is to tie 12V pairs, then series the pairs.

An issue with tying batteries in series for a high voltage set is during charge and discharge cycles, inbalances cause the batteries to drift in voltage causing battery damage.

A solution to this is to add battery balance device to the series to keep them equal voltages.

There are two ways to do it, wiring positive from batt1 to negative on batt two, will give 24v 130Ah, then do it again for the second set.
Then tie bat 1 set 1 negative to bat 1 set 2 negative.

Then tie bat 2 set 1 positive to bat 2 set 2 positive.

This parallels the pairs of batteries.

Another way is to tie 12V pairs, then series the pairs.

An issue with tying batteries in series for a high voltage set is during charge and discharge cycles, inbalances cause the batteries to drift in voltage causing battery damage.

A solution to this is to add battery balance device to the series to keep them equal voltages.
thanks so much for your help

This is a great resource for answering the original question but ignores the requirement for inter-battery BMS/balancing circuits. IMHO the batteries will drift and without correction your ‘pack’ will diverge and cause future issues.
thanks for that will look into this more

Back