diy solar

diy solar

Help with older Solax X1 G4 firmware (IE07 BatVoltFault)?

fox123

Hi Everyone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Short Version: Does anyone have earlier firmware for Solax X1/G4? ? Also see attached new BMS CAN recording with interesting new frames from the Triple batteries. ?

Long Version:
I am trying to integrate a new Solax X1 G4 with a HV traction battery (320-390v) using my own DIY gateway for BMS CAN communication.

I already have software that emulates the Solax Can protocol and this works perfectly on other older inverters of the same model and also on FOX ESS models too. My HV battery also works great already so no issues there.

However the G4 inverter I am setting up now is only a few weeks old and has much newer firmware (Firmware: ARM 2.03 | DSP 2.07) which seems to have changed the can protocol in some subtle way as I am now getting the dreaded IE07 BattVoltFault error about 12seconds into the "checking" phase persistently.

In lead acid mode with my HV battery it works fine so no issues with wiring etc. When in this mode (having passed the checking phase) the fault is more or less instant when switching on the BMS CAN.

I have plugged the same inverter into another known working Solax Triple battery setup (1 master 1 slave) and it works fine. I have recorded the can communication (attache) and adjusted the voltage/SoC for my HV batt and played back but still same fault.

Probably a red herring but the only weird thing is that the inverter reports a voltage as being 6v lower than the actual of the HV pack (measured by pack BMS and multimeter). Not sure why that would be. I have tried sending real voltage and voltage inverters is reading (minus 6v) on BMS CAN frames but same issue - battvoltfault.

Based on some comments on this thread about the 1877 frame I have also tried multiple version of this to make the inverter think that its connected t multiple different battery brands but same issue. I was thinking perhaps Solax are hardcoding some voltage limits for each battery type and thats why I had the fault but doesnt seem to make any difference.

So basically I think that Solax have made some subtle change to the protocol on firmware ARM 2.03 and DSP 2.07 (possibly trying to block use of 3rd party batteries)

ATTACHED: Please find attached recorded Can frames from 2023 Solax X1 G4 with 2 triple batteries. Solax certainly added several new frames 187A/B/C/D.

BatBrand TP007
BatteryM and S version 2.00
BMS Code
BAT-M 1.02
BAT-S1 2.06 50
BAT-S2 2.06 50
BAT-S3 2.04 50
BAT-S4 2.04 50

REQUEST: I was wondering if someone has an earlier version of the inverter firmware that I could flash to see if I can get this to work. I would ask Solax but I doubt they will let me downgrade like this and not even sure which previous versions to ask for?

Any help much appreciated as several days/evenings sunk into this one now.

Attachments

• Solax X1 G4 with Triple Batt from startup to shutdown.zip
    10 KB · Views: 7
Hello.

Hello guys
I have a Solax X1 G4. I also have lead acid batteries. I need to use this stand alone battery to work with my Solax X1 G4. I tried to write Solax , but they are not helpful, claiming that i should return the lead acid for their Tripple Power battery. However, on the tripple power inverter it is written that it is compatible with lead acid. How best can you help guys.

Thank you

I've never tried with lead acid batteries with the X1G4. I know there's a setting to switch to that mode. I guess this is what you tried?
Cheers,

Hi Fox123, did you find any solution to the bat volt fault ie07. I have a solax x1 hybrid g4, hooked up a pylontech H2 ( 96 v) battery and it works no issue but when I stack a second battery I get the IE 07 fault. But each battery works fine. It like solax have limited upper voltage for lithium. Batteries same voltage and SOC. Unless solax have new firmware to resolve issue. Or did older firmware solve your problem...

Thanks.

Hi Fox123, did you find any solution to the bat volt fault ie07. I have a solax x1 hybrid g4, hooked up a pylontech H2 ( 96 v) battery and it works no issue but when I stack a second battery I get the IE 07 fault. But each battery works fine. It like solax have limited upper voltage for lithium. Batteries same voltage and SOC. Unless solax have new firmware to resolve issue. Or did older firmware solve your problem...

Thanks.
What is the protocol battery kind you use in the 1877 frame?

Hi Everyone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Short Version: Does anyone have earlier firmware for Solax X1/G4? ? Also see attached new BMS CAN recording with interesting new frames from the Triple batteries. ?

Long Version:
I am trying to integrate a new Solax X1 G4 with a HV traction battery (320-390v) using my own DIY gateway for BMS CAN communication.

I already have software that emulates the Solax Can protocol and this works perfectly on other older inverters of the same model and also on FOX ESS models too. My HV battery also works great already so no issues there.

However the G4 inverter I am setting up now is only a few weeks old and has much newer firmware (Firmware: ARM 2.03 | DSP 2.07) which seems to have changed the can protocol in some subtle way as I am now getting the dreaded IE07 BattVoltFault error about 12seconds into the "checking" phase persistently.

In lead acid mode with my HV battery it works fine so no issues with wiring etc. When in this mode (having passed the checking phase) the fault is more or less instant when switching on the BMS CAN.

I have plugged the same inverter into another known working Solax Triple battery setup (1 master 1 slave) and it works fine. I have recorded the can communication (attache) and adjusted the voltage/SoC for my HV batt and played back but still same fault.

Probably a red herring but the only weird thing is that the inverter reports a voltage as being 6v lower than the actual of the HV pack (measured by pack BMS and multimeter). Not sure why that would be. I have tried sending real voltage and voltage inverters is reading (minus 6v) on BMS CAN frames but same issue - battvoltfault.

Based on some comments on this thread about the 1877 frame I have also tried multiple version of this to make the inverter think that its connected t multiple different battery brands but same issue. I was thinking perhaps Solax are hardcoding some voltage limits for each battery type and thats why I had the fault but doesnt seem to make any difference.

So basically I think that Solax have made some subtle change to the protocol on firmware ARM 2.03 and DSP 2.07 (possibly trying to block use of 3rd party batteries)

ATTACHED: Please find attached recorded Can frames from 2023 Solax X1 G4 with 2 triple batteries. Solax certainly added several new frames 187A/B/C/D.

BatBrand TP007
BatteryM and S version 2.00
BMS Code
BAT-M 1.02
BAT-S1 2.06 50
BAT-S2 2.06 50
BAT-S3 2.04 50
BAT-S4 2.04 50

REQUEST: I was wondering if someone has an earlier version of the inverter firmware that I could flash to see if I can get this to work. I would ask Solax but I doubt they will let me downgrade like this and not even sure which previous versions to ask for?

Any help much appreciated as several days/evenings sunk into this one now.
I've just read the request you had. And yes their support is willing to send older firmware, although they give big warning with it. but still, I managed to retrieve real old versions. contact me if you need some

I've just read the request you had. And yes their support is willing to send older firmware, although they give big warning with it. but still, I managed to retrieve real old versions. contact me if you need some
Thanks akatopaz,
I'm afraid the I'm no good at the deep software stuff..hardware and updating firmware I'm fine. It's the code is a dark art to me. I contacted solax and their response is buy our batteries. As fox 123 says it looks like they are writing out third party batteries. Im running ARM 2.03 and DSP 2.07. the system runs fine on one battery (96v) but when 2 stacked (199volts) a batt volt fault ie07 occurs.

Thanks akatopaz,
I'm afraid the I'm no good at the deep software stuff..hardware and updating firmware I'm fine. It's the code is a dark art to me. I contacted solax and their response is buy our batteries. As fox 123 says it looks like they are writing out third party batteries. Im running ARM 2.03 and DSP 2.07. the system runs fine on one battery (96v) but when 2 stacked (199volts) a batt volt fault ie07 occurs.
So looks like its old firmware update time..

Thanks akatopaz,
Experimentation I made on my side suggest that spoofing a correct battery kind in the 1877 frame circumvent the IE07. Also in 1875 frame (IIRC) there is a battery count byte, and messing with either the battery count or the battery kind trigger the IE07.
Could you elaborate on your setup? I may help, or even provide with some HW to spoof it if applicable.
Cheers

So looks like its old firmware update time..
Actually, my inverse runs ARM 1.30 and DSP 1.31, but displays 2.03 and 2.07 just like yours. Their internals are epic (I've reverse-engineered most of the ARM firmware, and definitely, it's quite the :poolparty:)
Anyway, a firmware upgrade won't forcefully solve your IE07 problem

Experimentation I made on my side suggest that spoofing a correct battery kind in the 1877 frame circumvent the IE07. Also in 1875 frame (IIRC) there is a battery count byte, and messing with either the battery count or the battery kind trigger the IE07.
Could you elaborate on your setup? I may help, or even provide with some HW to spoof it if applicable.
Cheers
Ah cheers...solax x1 hybrid g4 5kwh.
Pylontech H2 fc0500-40s ( control module) 2x 3.5kwh batteries.....everything works well on one battery.3.5kwh 96 volts, but you can stack batteries on the H2 so with two batteries I'm 7.1kwh and 199v. As soon as second battery installed , I get the error..

Inverter is Solax x1 hybrid 5.0-D

1 BMS is pylontech H2 system
Control module is pylontech FC0500m-40

2 Battery pylontech FH9637M 3.5 kWh 96volts.

The system is 96v single battery and 199v with 2 Batteries stacked upto max of 4 batteries.

The material found from pylontech says it compatible with my solax inverter.
Thanks again

Ah cheers...solax x1 hybrid g4 5kwh.
Pylontech H2 fc0500-40s ( control module) 2x 3.5kwh batteries.....everything works well on one battery.3.5kwh 96 volts, but you can stack batteries on the H2 so with two batteries I'm 7.1kwh and 199v. As soon as second battery installed , I get the error..

Inverter is Solax x1 hybrid 5.0-D

1 BMS is pylontech H2 system
Control module is pylontech FC0500m-40

2 Battery pylontech FH9637M 3.5 kWh 96volts.

The system is 96v single battery and 199v with 2 Batteries stacked upto max of 4 batteries.

The material found from pylontech says it compatible with my solax inverter.
Thanks again
What info do you have i! the status > battery panel ? number of line and version etc..

I'm afraid we'll have to resort to hardware spoofing. From my experience, and the response from the solax support is that they haven't had a meeting with the pylontech team is a while to ensure compat. (and probably because of the company's strategy to sell their own battery with the inverter).

Hopefully I have developed an hardware tool if you want... depending on your will to have it working :)

Cheers for the help akatopaz. But I will probably just change the inverter to accommodate the expanding pylontech H2 system. Down grade the solax to grid tie system running a few panels ( looks like another project). Solax was a good system until they cut themselves off from not allowing third party batteries. Their own battery system is over priced per KWH you get.

Cheers for the help akatopaz. But I will probably just change the inverter to accommodate the expanding pylontech H2 system. Down grade the solax to grid tie system running a few panels ( looks like another project). Solax was a good system until they cut themselves off from not allowing third party batteries. Their own battery system is over priced per KWH you get.
I can't deny that. Their profit driven bad move will surely backfire one day.
I couldn't resolve to swapping the inverter. My long autonomo_s dream would have suffered...

Back