diy solar

diy solar

Hi new to this. Want to build a 12 or 24 volt system

Dodgehunter55

I have a small hunting cabin looking to put in a all in one system. Seen the MPP but not sure what size to go with.

Well the sunlight would be 1/2 day of full sunlight. Not sure on watt of TV and the lights are 5 of them that are LEDs at 75Watts. I was thinking of going with 24 volt system so I would have plenty of power. The cabin is wired with 110 outlets with that going threw a breaker panel.

Well then we're looking at about 400 watts per hour for lights or is it 75 watts total? And 150 per hour for tv. Let's round to 600 watts per hour. Of use maybe 3 hours per day 1800 watts needed storage a 24v volt 100 ah. Battery will give you 2400 watts. You need to replenish 1800 watts per day let's say you have 6 hours charging light that means you could get by with 300 watts of panel. But all that is in a perfect world. So I would start with 600 watts of panels which at 24v will put out 24 amps so a 40 amp MPP would seem enough to handle that plus some. You can add batteries as your budget permits. I like the DIY ones but it seems like the Battle Born batteries are everybody's go to for a drop in battery if you can handle the price.

At some point would like to add a mini spilt point air and heater unit. They say use very little wattage.

Back